chapter fifteen

*Friday*

I was really excited about today and i couldn't wait for our hang out today. I was walking to my fourth hour, when i'm pulled off to the side by Spencer," wow, what's going on?" I asked as he tugged on my arm," i just wanted to see you." Said Spencer,"ok..." i said my voice trailing off. I looked at him, and he looked down at me,"Hi." Said Spencer,"Hi." I said looking up at him. He looked so amazing with the lights glimmering in his eyes. He leans down, and i step on my toes, when we were interupted by some girl that i hadn't seen in a long time. Kasidy. She was laughing with her friends that were circled around her.

"Awe, were you two gonna have a moment?" Said Kasdiy chuckling. We were both silent. Then Spencer does the most amazing thing,"Yeah, we were gonna have a moment, if that bothers you kasidy, i don't really care, i like Maddie, so deal with it." Said Spencer holding my hand. He looks down at our locked, while i smiled like an idiot! He was soo amazing. Kasidy's mouth was wide open. She walks away smirking while our hands were still locked. We looked at each other and smiled.

The rest of the day Spencer and i acted soo normal. Which i hated! I didn't know if this guy wanted to be my boyfriend, or if he just wanted to be friends? Man 7th grade wasn't supposed to be this frickin hard!!!

(Spencer's prov)

I couldn't believe that i stood up for Maddie! I can't believe Kasidy would try to ruin our moment. We were gonna kiss, but Kasidy, being the nice person she is, ruined it before we could. I really liked Maddie, but i wish i can be smooth enough to actually ask her out. I've always wanted to date her ever since she pumped into me in the hallway and made my papers fly all over. Man did feel awesome to hold her hand like we were dating. We were all going to the cool new place that Alan and I found out about a few days ago. I wanted to go to the place with just Maddie and I, but i felt like she would be weirded out by me, if i asked. it was finally the last hour, which was gym. I was walking with Alan, Garrett, and AJ. AJ had one more week, and he can be able to get the boot off. He was really excited about it. As we walked into the gym, we all went our seperate ways to go to our seperate lines in the gym. Mr. Jackson came in through the doors and into the gym and asked who was missing. There were many people who were gone, so we were gonna play dodge ball.

(Back to Maddie's pov)

We were gonna play dodge ball. DODGE BALL! I liked dodge ball, but it always feels like the hunger games all over again. Which i liked, but this class is filled with so many athletic people, so i was bound to get out first. Alan and Garrett were captains, so they had to pick out their teams. Spencer, Jordynn, and i were on Alan's team. They lined up all the balls and everyone was ready for Mr. Jackson to just blow the whistle. When Mr. Jackson blows the whistle everyone runs for the dodge balls. Jordynn,Alan,Garrett, Spencer, and some other kids got the dodge balls. I stood in the back trying make sure I didn't get hit by any of the dodge balls. Jordynn was doing an awesome job of getting 8th graders out. She is pretty athletic, so that explains how good she is at sports. There was a dodge ball hurtling towards me. I was about to get out, when Spencer jumps in front of me and catches the ball. He looks over at me and smirks,"You know, you're supposed to catch the dodge balls and through them." Said Spencer chuckling. We both laugh," am I not katniss enough for ya?" I said chuckling. Spencer smiles at the ground and laughs,"Naw, your just not too into it, act as if it was the hunger games." Said Spencer," oh, I don't have to act as if it was, it is the hunger games." I said then dodged another dodge ball. Ha. Dodged a dodge ball. I crack myself up.

"It's good thing we watched the movie, we know all the good strategies." Said Spencer making me laugh. We go back to the game. This time I actually went for the dodge balls and actually got three people out. I was all new Katniss. And i LOVED it.