chapter fourteen

I hear my mom yelling over the phone. I crawl next to my door and listen to her coversation. She was in her room in and chaged into some sweats and a wavy t-shirt," no...no Marcus you can't just go on another business trip, your family wants you here, you promised that you'd be here this whole week!"shouted my mom at my dad (marcus is my dad's name. Thay've been getting into fights more often and i'm afraid that they're gonna get divorced. I went closer to the side of my door and listened to their conversation, i could hear my dad," i know honey, you know i wanna be there for you, Mike, Maddie, and our baby on the way, but i just can't." Said my dad sounding really sad," whatever Marcus! Have fun on your buisness trip! AGAIN!" Shouted my mom hanging up. Before she hung up, i heard my dad shout," Kate, wait!" But she hung up anyways. She sat down on her bed and started to cry. I went back into my room and closed my door. I didn't want my parents to get a divorce, i just couldn't bare the thought of them seperating. They've been together for so long, and they've been though so much together. I would just hate for them to both split.

I sat in my room for the rest of the night. Remembering how much of an idiot i am for what happened between Spence and I. I wish that stupid bra wasn't in my bag, AND IT WAS PINK!!! i felt so embarresed. I dozzed off in my thoughts, when i got a text. FROM SPENCER!

hey, whatcha doin madds?

texted spencer

nothin much spence, just watchin a cool drama, what about you?

i texted trying to sound cute

listening to sam smith stay with me

texted Spencer.

i emmidiatly thought of Nikki

that's mine and Nikki's song!!!!

i texted

I love this song!!! it sad, but i like sad songs for some odd reason

texted Spencer

i know right. i love sad songs, espiecially rihanna and sia

i texted

shoot, i gotta go, but see ya tommorow!

texted Spencer

mkay, see ya tommorow

i texted then turned off my phone. then i get another text from Spence. a mirror selfie of Spencer. his blonde hair, which he spiked with gel, and a white t-shirt. Man did he look soo frickin hot! I wanted to tell him that, but i needed to play it cool.

Nice selfie, you look...HOT!!!

I texted

Thnx

Texted Spencer.

I went to my bathroom, and went up to my full lenght mirror that showed me my whole body. I took out my phone and took a picture. I looked at the picture, and realized, i looked like i was nine! So i put down my hair and made it all messy, and zoomed it in, to where you could only see my face, then i make a cute, yet serious smile. I looked at my picture and was satisfied with my picture. I sent it to Spence. A few minutes after i sent my picture, i got a text from Spencer.

Man, your so cute, puppies are nothing compared to you.

Texted Spencer

Awww, you're soo fricking hot! Cut it out!

I texted

Aw, thnx. I really gotta go, but i'll talk to you tommorow.

Texted Spencer

Mkay, bye Spence

I texted

I went to my bed and sat back down. As i sat down, i hear a slight creek by my door. I look from my phone, to the door and see that it was my mom," hey honey, can we talk?" Asked my mom shyly. I nodded my head and turned off my phone. My mom walked in and sat next to me on my bed. It was quiet for a moment, then my mom breaks the silence.

"I'm sorry you have to listen to your father and i fighting all the time." Said my mom grabbing one of my pillows and putting it in her lap. She started to play around with one of the lose strings. I looked at her, as she was still looking down at her pillow.

"Are you guys getting a divorce?" I asked sadly. She looks straight from the pillow to me and looks at me with a blank look," oh honey, we both love each other, even if we fight all the time, i can't stand to be with out him." Said my mom with sweet somber in her eyes. I nodd my head. She gives me a hug, i started to cry in her shoulder. I tried to hold my tears back, but i just couldn't help it. I seriously thought i was going to have to cose between my mom or dad.

"I'm so sorry honey." Said my mom crying in my shoulder," it's okay mom." I said crying in her shoulder. After we got our tears together, my mom went downstairs to order pizza for everyone. I was really glad to hear that my parents weren't splitting. I love both of my parents, and i couldn't bare the thought of me having to chose between them.

As the pizza finally arrived, we all sat at the kitchen table, talking and eating. When we were eating, i remebered what Spencer asked me. I look over at my mom, who's eyes were puffy from all her crying from today. I was wondering if i should leave her alone on friday? I was deep in thought when my mom was calling my name.

"What?" I asked still lost in my gaze," i was wondering if you wanted anymore pepsi?" Asked my mom then giggled," sorry, i was deep in thought." I said as my mom poured me some more pepsi. I looked over at her and smiled," um...mom?" I said in more of a question,"Yes?" Asked my mom smiling," would it be okay, if i hung out with some of my friends on friday?" I asked. My mom thought for a moment," who are these friends who keep on inviting you to these things?" Asked my mom taking a bite out of her pizza," you know just Jordynn, Nikki, Alivia, Adrienne, and-spencer- no one really." I said quickly," wait, wait, wait who is Spencer?" Asked my mom," no one, just a guy in my class." I said," do you like him?" Asked my mom. I blushed," no, mom we're just friends." I said really quick," is there gonna be shaperowns?" Asked my mom," yes." I said. She thought for a moment. I was starting to get nervous," sure, just text me when you want me to come pick you up." Said my mom. I got out of my seat and ran to my mom," thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!" I said happily. My mom and Mike were laughing.

After dinner i went upstairs i went upstairs and checked my clock. IT WAS TEN! I liked getting up early, so i needed to get to bed now! I went to my walk in closet and grabbed some sweats, a flowy t-shirt, a pair of red adidas socks, and a black adidas sweater. And i ran into my bed and fell fast asleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the short and boring chapter. I'll try to make the next one more funny and exciting!!! Hope you guys liked the chapter though. Don't forget to vote and comment!

-sincerely Olivia Barron 14