The Date

Mason and Ben rode down a dirt pathway, Mason was looking at every tree, flower and bush whilst his hands were around Ben's waist Mason started laughing and Ben smiled, and they stopped at a bridge. They both got off and started to walk across the bridge, "Tell me something about yourself that nobody knows." Ben said smiling, "My middle name is Yzma." Mason replied, turning around. "My mother just loves herself, I guess." Mason continued smiling, "Mine's Florian." Ben said smiling, "Florian?" Mason said before laughing, "Hey, it's better then Yzma." Ben said laughing with him. "You've got me there." Mason said before he continued walking across the bridge. Ben then took Mason's hands and said, "Close your eyes." Ben then walked him down to the enchanted lake, with a picnic set up next to it. "Okay, you ready?" Ben said smiling. "Yeah." Mason said excitedly. "Open." Ben said, walking behind Mason. Mason opens his eyes and sees the whole picnic, "Oh my god!" Mason shouted, smiling, he looked at Ben who smiled.

Ben and Mason are sitting down eating all of the food Ben had prepared. He had brought sandwiches, fruits, chocolates, cookies, peanut butter cups and plenty more. "Is this your first time?" Ben said watching Mason eat a jelly doughnut. Mason wipes himself down and says, "We don't really date much on the island, it's more like gang activity." Ben laughed a little, "Um, I meant is this your first time eating a jelly doughnut?" he said smiling. "Is it bad?" Mason said looking at him worried. "You got a little, I'll get it." Ben says before wiping a few crumbs of Mason's lips. "You can't take me anywhere." Mason said before laughing a little, "You know I've done all of the talking, it's your turn." Ben said looking into Mason's eyes. "I really don't know that much about you. Tell me something." Ben continued. "Well...um...I'm sixteen, an only child and I've only ever lived in one place." Mason said smiling. "Me too, we already have so much in common." Ben said, taking his hand. "Trust me, we don't." Mason said smiling. "But now you're going to be king." Mason continued. Ben looked down and said, "Well yeah but it's not the crown that makes you a king." Mason looked at him and said, "I'm pretty sure it does." Ben laughed a little and said, "No, your mother is one of the worst villains in history and my parents are the poster parents for goodness. But we aren't automatically like our parents, we choose what we wanna do and what we wanna become. And right now I can look in your eyes and tell your not evil." Mason was speechless, Ben smiled and said "Let's go for a swim." Mason looked worried and said, "Oh no. It's fine. I'm going to stay here and try a strawberry" Mason tries a strawberry, he is instantly addicted. "Well don't eat all of them." Ben said smiling. Ben then walked to the top of the little mountain, he was only in his blue shorts which had little crowns on them. Mason turns around and laughs, "Are those little crowns on your shorts?" Mason said. "Maybe." Ben replied, Mason waved and then screamed and jumped in. Mason laughed and then he started to sing. "A million thoughts in my head. Should I let my heart keep listening? Cause up 'til now I've walked the line. Nothing lost but something missing I can't decide what's wrong, what's right Which way should I go? If only I knew what my heart was telling me. Don't know what I'm feeling, is this just a dream? Ah-oh, yeah If only I could read the signs in front of me I could find the way to who I'm meant to be Oh-oh, if only If only If only Every step, every word With every hour I am falling in To something new, something brave To someone I, I have never been I can't decide what's wrong, what's right Which way should I go? If only I knew what my heart was telling me. Don't know what I'm feeling, is this just a dream? Oh-oh, yeah If only I could read the signs in front of me I could find the way to who I'm meant to be Oh-oh, if only Yeah Am I crazy? Maybe we could happen, yeah Will you still be with me when the magic's all run out? If only I knew what my heart was telling me. Don't know what I'm feeling, is this just a dream? Oh-oh If only I could read the signs in front of me I could find the way to who I'm meant to be Oh-oh If only, yeah If only, yeah If only, yeah If only, if only If only" Mason ends the song sitting back down, he looks out at the lake and Ben isn't there. "Ben?" Mason asks, he then gets worried and shouts, "BEN!" He then runs into the lake to look for him but Mason can't swim so he starts to go underwater but Ben grabs him and swims him to shore. "You scared me!" Mason shouted, "You can't swim? Don't you live on an island?" Ben asked. "With a Magical Barrier around it!" Mason shouted. "And you still tried to save me." Ben said smiling, "Yeah but do you thank me? No, what I get is soaking wet." Mason said, shivering. Ben takes a shiny rock out of his pocket and says, "and this fancy rock, make a wish and throw it in the lake." Mason takes the rock and throws it before moving further away from the water. Ben follows behind and puts his Varsity Jacket on Mason, Mason smiles a little but then loses it when he looks at Ben. "Um, Mason I told you that I loved you, what about you? Do you love me?" Ben said looking into Mason's eyes. "I don't know what love feels like?" Mason said looking away. "Maybe I can teach you." Ben said, turning Mason's face towards him. Ben then hands him the towel and grabs another from his bag, he dries off and puts his normal clothes on. "Let's go to the museum." Ben said smiling, "Okay?" Mason said drying off.