The Truth about Ben's visions

The next day, the group attended classes like usual but they were outcasted by the Auradon kids. Word travels fast about kids using magic in Auradon prep, but throughout the whole day, Ben has been trying to talk to Mason, love notes, food deliveries even a signing message but he just ignored it. When Mason arrived at his locker, Ben was waiting. "Why won't you talk to me?" Ben said, worried, Mason looked at him and said, "Because I don't want your reputation to be destroyed Ben, they hate us! Or did you not see the posters, or the notes or the people protesting." Ben took his hand and said, "Please, let me take you out of school and show you how much I love you!" Mason rolled his eyes and said, "Meet me outside in five." Mason then walked away. Mal walked up to them and said, "What's going on here?" Ben looked at her and said, "Is there anyway to Mason's heart?" Mal looked at Ben and said, "Kindness, love and most of all the ability to listen." Mal saw Evie and ran up to her. Ben started to realise, he had all of that except a second ago he wasn't listening to Mason's cry for help.

Ben walked up to Mason and said, "Ready for another bike ride?" Mason nodded and put on his helmet, Ben and Mason zoomed down the street and stopped at a little forest. They both walked in and sat down, "I want you to talk to me, pour your heart out to me." Ben said, taking his hand. Mason looked at him and said "You really want to hear everything?" Ben nodded and sat down. "Well my dad didn't actually love my mom, he just wanted someone to use against his now ex-wife. So when I was born, he disowned me and told me that he wishes he never met me or my mother." Ben stayed silent, "And then when I was five my mother managed to make a potion that worked because Carlos and Evie broke a hole in the barrier. That's why my skin has a purple tint." Ben was even more shocked, how could someone use a potion on their son. "Oh and when I was eleven, I was sent on a mission by my mother which caused me to get sent to hospital because of second-degree burns and then she told me that I should have done it correct but if I did I would have either gotten third-degree burns or I would have died." Mason said looking at Ben. Ben stayed silent, "You can talk now." Mason said laughing a little. "Mason, oh my god!" Ben latched onto him and said, "You're never going back." Mason laughed a little and said, "Honestly, everything is fine. Me and my mother made up and I actually kind of miss her." Ben looked at him and said, "You miss her?" Mason nodded and said, "She's still my mom."

Back in Evie and Mal's dorm, Evie is sewing a dress for the coronation when she hears a knock on the door, she walks over and opens it. It's Doug holding lilacs looking very worried, "Evie! You weren't in chemistry! I got so worried!" Doug said and then he hugged her. "So worried, you went to a florist?" Evie said, smiling. "I had to get you an apology gift!" Doug said walking into the dorm. Evie smiled and shut the door, "Well it's nice of you for coming. I just don't think I can see Chad right now." Evie said sitting down on her chair, Dog smiled pulling a book out of his bag, "I'm ready to teach you." Evie smiled and said, "Are you sure? People won't be happy." Doug takes her hand and says, "I don't care what Audrey and her hateful friends think." For the next hour, Doug taught Evie everything she would need to know for any test that Maurice could throw at her. Once he finished, Evie smiled and said, "Did you want something to eat?" Doug smiled and said, "There's a sandwich shop down the street, come I'll show you." Doug takes Evie's hand causing her to smile, they then both leave the dorm.

Carlos and Jay were sitting in their dorms, they were both playing the video game trying to forget about the day's previous events. Mal walks in holding her spell book, "Guys, Mason is thinking about ditching the plan!" Mal said sitting down. Carlos and Jay stop the game and walk over to her, "What?!" Carlos said shocked. "I knew that would get your attention, we need to find a spell just in case the plan doesn't work." Mal said flipping through her spell book. "Mal, the plan will work." Jay said looking at her, "I know Jay it's just... I want my mom to be proud of me." Mal said looking at him. Mal and Jay always had a connection, whenever Mal stressed he'd calm her down. "Well, I'm going to take Dude for a walk." Carlos said, calling Dude and leaving.

Ben and Mason rode around the forest just getting to know each other, Ben stopped at a little cottage and said, "This is where I go to get away, I thought you might need it." Mason got out and admired it, "I've seen this before." Mason said, opening the door. Mason looked around and saw photos, he then looked up and saw a drawing of him. "When did you draw this?" Mason said looking at it. "A year ago today. When I started having these dreams of a boy who looks like that." Ben said walking up. Mason started to notice little details about himself, his brown roots, the sparkle in his eyes and the way his cheeks glowed red in a certain area. "Ben, this is sweet." Mason said, turning around, "I hope it isn't creepy." Ben said laughing a little. "I thought it was my imagination." Ben continued. "Ben... there's something I need to tell you." Mason said turning around. Ben smiled and said, "What is it?" Mason swallowed, was he really going to tell Ben. He then heard his Mother's voice, "you're pathetic." she said in his mind." "I love you." Mason said, smiling. "I love you too." Ben replied, smiling.

Mal eventually returned to her dorm to see Evie and Doug eating a footlong sandwich together, "Oh hey Mal! You've got to try this!" Evie said. Mal walked over and tried a piece, "oh my god!" Mal said, smiling. "What is it?" Mal asked Doug sitting down. "It's just ham, chicken with corn and peppers." Doug said, smiling. "You need to tell me the recipe." Mal said. "It's from a sandwich shop down the street." Doug said laughing a little. "Okay Doug, I think me and Mal need some time alone. Did you want the other half of the sandwich?" Evie said looking at him. "No, you keep it. I'll see you tomorrow at the Coronation!" Doug said before leaving. Just as Doug leaves, Mason bursts through the door holding the drawings, "We need to talk to our parents. Today!" Mason said. "Why, what's wrong?" Evie said standing up. "Ben has been having visions about me for a year. Look!" Mason said, handing Evie the drawing. "Oh my god, wait I heard about this before." Evie said looking at the drawing. Evie then walked over to her laptop, logged in and started googling. "Look, Prince Ben and the kids of Auradon Prep were given a spell to help them study more." Evie said, pointing out a news article. Mal and Mason walked over, "But Prince Ben decided not to due to getting straight As the week before. But look, that's the week you went to the Auradon hospital!" Evie said, pointing out the date. "Oh my god, you don't think that... It's impossible." Mason said looking down. "What do you mean?" Mal said looking at Evie and Mason. "That is how Snow White met prince charming. That is how Aurora met prince Phillip. Mason, you and Ben are meant to be together! When the barrier came down it the spell must have linked yours and Ben's souls!" Evie said, smiling. "Wait so that means that me and Ben are meant to be?" Mason said looking at Evie. "As much as I hate to admit it, yes." Mal said looking at him, "But how does a studying spell link souls." Mal said asking Evie. "She only says Bippity, Boppity Boo!" Evie said looking at Mal. "So what if the spell was different for different people." Mason said looking up. "We need to break it." Mason continued. "What!" Evie said looking at him, "When we take over the world, Ben will still have that connection. Even if the love potion is gone!" Mason said looking away. "You're going to break your love spell?" Mal asked. "It's way too mean to just keep Ben under this love spell once we take over the world." Mason asked. Evie looked at Mason and said, "You love him!" Mason grabbed the drawing and left without saying anything. Mason knew he loved Ben, but he just couldn't bring himself to admit it.