T H I R T Y - T W O

There was a somber feeling we walked into HQ

There was a somber feeling we walked into HQ. It was clear everyone had found out about Edward's death. It was a blow and a shock to many people. I followed Niall back into the conference room we had used only the day before. 

"Zayn!" I smiled as I walked over to him, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Hi." He said bluntly before typing away on his computer once more.

"So what was so important you dragged me here, Niall?" I crossed my arms over my chest as I glared at Niall. My father had walked off somewhere once we arrived at HQ. Where he went I didn't know and I didn't care to know after the way he treated me at the hospital.

"Zayn, why don't you tell her," Niall said as he glanced back at Zayn who had now stopped typing. 

"We finally got CCTV of the bakery."

"Wait, you are just now getting security footage?" I scoffed as I looked between Zayn and Niall.  They just looked at one another and then Zayn went back to eating his salad. 

"It's not that simple, Cece. Unlike your time at that agency, we have to work through red tape and shit like that. Obtaining a warrant was a pain in the ass." Niall explained. I rolled my eyes. Of course.

"Alright, well, what did you find?" I said as I looked back at Zayn.

"I'm scouring through hours of footage. It was already hard watching hours of footage of the security camera outside of the bakery. Now I have to watch hours of footage of inside the bakery." Zayn grumbled under his breath.

"That's why I thought we could all look at the footage together. All 8 hours of it." Niall smirked. I could tell he was enjoying this. He loved to irritate me. He knew I wouldn't say no.

"You've got to be joking me." I murmured as I placed a hand on my forehead. "Fine!" I pointed to Niall. "But I have to leave by this evening. I'm going over to Harry's."

Niall threw up his hands in the air. "Fine by me."

"Yeah, I can do the rest of the work, no problem." I could hear Zayn scoff behind me. He thought he was whispering, he probably thought we couldn't hear him.  I did feel a bit bad. I would have no idea if the man had a life outside of this office. Gave me more of a reason to help him any way I could.

I sat down on one of the chairs in the room and grabbed a pair of headphones. I placed my phone on silent. I gave Niall one last glare before I began to watch the CCTV footage. It started right at the beginning. 6 AM-Noon was the time frame we would be looking at. We also had footage from the day before. But it didn't make sense for Natasha to get cupcakes the day before.

Two hours had passed, and we had only gone through half of the footage. We kept rewinding the tape because we thought we might have caught something. But nothing as of yet. We knew from the footage that there were almost 15 workers who were in the bakery, on top of countless customers who had walked in and out of the bakery.