T H I R T Y - F I V E

"Watch it

"Watch it." A middle-aged man said as he shoved me aside. He didn't even take a second look to look at me.  If he noticed a woman wearing a janitor's outfit, I would be sure he would have known something suspicious was occurring. I took a deep sigh of relief as he kept walking past, not noticing that I swiped his key from him. 

"Got it." I muttered into the earpiece as I stopped mopping the floor, setting the mop against the wall. Zayn and I had simply walked into the facility, my identity was obscured due to the janitor's outfit and the fact that my hair was covered by a regular baseball cap. Zayn's job was to distract the guards, doing whatever it is he had to do to make sure they won't pay attention to the cameras. The last time I saw him he was explaining how his car had broken down and needed help to fix it. I wouldn't have been surprised if he went on one of his rants about the newest technology gadgets out there, probably confusing the guards. 

"Proceed to the checkpoint." I could hear Niall's voice ring through my earpiece as I pushed through the door to the stairwell. The room where the doctor was being held was up on the fourth floor. I rushed up the stairs as fast as I could. I stopped when I saw the handle of the door turn.

"Shit," I grumbled under my breath. Scanning around I was trying to figure where to go or what to do. I didn't have enough time to run back down the stairs and I couldn't go up the stairs. Some pipes ran across the ceiling. I took a deep breath as I knew that was the only way I could hide. I jumped and grabbed ahold of the pipes, pushing myself up. I shut my eyes tightly as I was still feeling pain throughout my body. I tried pushing it away as I finally saw the door opening. One of the agents that ran the facility stepped through the door. I could already feel my arms shake from the pressure I was feeling thanks to using my upper body strength.

Niall was in the basement trying to cause a distraction. He had gotten into the facility through a window. I bit the bottom of my lip, hoping to god that he hurries the hell up so this agent can go away. I slipped momentarily and gasped softly. That caused the agent to know I was there. Once he looked up at me, I knew it was now or never. I let go of my grip of the piped as I kicked the agent in the chest. This caused him to fall onto the floor, and I was able to land on my feet. I took a deep breath as I touched my left arm, wincing in pain once more.

That's when the fire alarm sounded. "Finally." I grunted under my breath as I saw the agent getting back onto their feet. He tried hitting me across the face. However, I was able to dodge the blow. I quickly incapacitated them by kicking them square in the face, knocking them out. I opened the stairwell door and finally walked onto the floor that held the doctor.

There had been other agents who I saw running in the opposite direction, probably wanting to take control of whatever fire Niall had started. "I'm finally on the floor. You good?" I asked through my earpiece.

"Fine." That's all Niall could say before I heard the sound of gunfire going off. I rolled my eyes.  I kept hearing gunfire as I walked down the floor, looking through the windows that held each prisoner. They were living in luxury. They had a nice bed and even a nice table. The total opposite of your regular jail cell. I looked through the window of the second to last room. My eyes widening as I noticed the doctor sitting on his bed, reading a book. Bingo.