Solid

Anna opened the sketchpad revealing a detailed drawing of a dragon. She tried turning the page, but Ethan stopped her. "This is amazing." Anna was thankful for her dark, rich skin in that moment. "It's nothing. I was just doodling." She took the pad from his hands and turned the pages until she came to a blank one. "Rule #1: We go to all of our family or friends holiday parties as a couple." Ethan offered drumming his fingers on the table.

"Rule #2: No kissing." Ethan looked at her as if she were crazy. "Are you joking? No one is going to believe us if we don't kiss!" Anna shook her head. "You can hold me or hold my hands. Hell, put your hand in my back pocket if you want to." Ethan just stared blankly at her. "Your back pocket? What the fuck are you even talking about?" Anna glared at him. "Don't curse at me! You're a smart man and have a well-versed vocabulary. Express yourself better."

Ethan could see that he hit a nerve. He had never encountered anyone his age that hated cursing. "I'm sorry." Anna gave him a small smile before continuing. "The back pocket thing is from Sixteen Candles. A classic film with Molly Ringwald, John Hughes..." Anna took in the blank expression on his face and scoffed. "You've never seen Sixteen Candles?!" Ethan shook his head and chuckled at her expression. "Okay, Rule #2: Must watch Sixteen Candles and Rule #3: We cannot tell anyone that this is fake."

"Duh, first rule of fight club." Ethan said cracking his knuckles. "What?" Ethan looked at Anna once more like she was crazy. "You've never seen Fight Club?" Anna shook her head and giggled at his expression. "Okay, write it down right now. We're having a double feature." Anna smiled as she edited the second rule. "Does this mean I get to kiss you now?" Ethan looked between her eyes and her plump lips. "Only in dire situations that a kiss is required, yes." Ethan looked at her and smirked. "Rule #4 we have to talk multiple times every day." Anna quirked an eyebrow at him. "You'd do that?" He nodded with a smile. "We have to get to know each other and what better way to do that than open, honest communication with your significant other."

Anna thought on it before writing it down. "Rule #5 our word will be prunes." Ethan looked at her confusedly. "Couples fight. They argue and it's really hard to get a word in when angry. No matter what we're doing or saying, the moment one of us calls "prunes" the other has to listen and be present. I have a feeling I'm going to be using this a lot on you, so its nonnegotiable." She finally outstretched her hand after writing it. "Do we have a deal?" He smirked before taking her small hand into his. "We have a deal." Anna signed her name at the end of the contract and handed it to him. Ethan signed as well and gave it back to her.

As soon as she closed her sketchbook the kettle started singing. "You sure you don't want any tea?" Anna asked as she went to pour the hot water. "I'm sure. I'm not a tea drinker. More of a coffee man." Anna nodded as she sat down in her seat. "I have to have tea most nights before bed or I don't sleep. I've been this way since I was a little girl." Ethan looked at her. He wanted to know more about her. Things hadn't changed. He was still very intrigued by her.

"So, tell me about yourself. What all do I need to know to be an amazing fake boyfriend?" Anna shrugged as she thought about herself. "I'm a pretty simple 26-year-old. I am not a fan of grand romantic gestures like flowers and chocolate. Mainly because flowers die and are a waste of money and I don't really like chocolate." She took a sip of her tea as things came to her. "I'm obsessed with comic books, shows and movies based on comics...pretty much everything comic related." Ethan smiled at her. "You a DC or Marvel fan?"

"I'm surprised you know either." He chuckled and shifted awkwardly. "My little brother was a major nerd and fan. He would ramble on about them." Anna smiled sadly at him. "I still am so sorry to hear about his passing. He was a fun guy." Ethan looked into her eyes to see if she was lying. "How did you know my brother?" Anna looked into her mug angry that she had said too much. "I saw him around the office. I just mean he seemed like a fun guy."

Ethan eyed her as her words registered. "Wait! You work for my Dad?" Anna looked up at him and nodded shyly. "I'm a lead graphic designer on the North America team." He took in the newfound information. "What are the chances, right? You rescue some damsel in distress that so happens to work for you." Ethan shook his head. "You don't work for me. You work for my Dad." He began strumming his fingers again. "You also weren't a damsel. I just didn't like seeing you get ragged on by your older sister." Anna eyed him. He was clearly uncomfortable.

"Come on," Anna said putting her empty mug in the sink. He looked at her before standing up. She grabbed his hand and led into the living room. It was warm and inviting and nicely decorated. She pulled him to sit next to her as she turned to face him. He did the same and they simply stared at one another for a few moments. He took in her thick dark brown thighs on full display and held back a moan. Her hair pulled up showcased her features and Ethan was reminded of her beauty all over again. He took in her sweatshirt and quickly realized she wasn't wearing a bra. He shifted in his seat to hide his growing bulge.

"I like both," Anna broke the silence snapping him out of his thoughts. "I love DC shows and Marvel movies. A lot of people don't like double dippers, but I can't help it. I like what I like." Ethan chuckled lowly as he watched her smile widen. "Tell me about yourself. What makes Ethan Crane tick?" He thought it over and shrugged. "I just turned 29. I'm a Halloween baby. I have a twin sister named Eliza and a little brother named Ezra." He began strumming his fingers on the couch. "What are your likes and dislikes?" Anna asked trying to steer his thoughts. She picked up that he strummed his fingers whenever he was in any discomfort or distress.

"I'm pretty simple myself. I stick to myself and do what I must for my family's business. The whole reason I was at the party tonight was because my Mom begged me to go on behalf of the Crane family. 90% of my life is dedicated to doing the song and dance for my father's legacy." Anna could feel the animosity slowly simmering. "So, what do you do with the 10%? Give me something here, boyfriend." He snapped out of his thoughts and smiled at her.

"I love to bake.  I can't cook to save my life, but baking I can do. I used to love being in the kitchen with my Mom baking for the holidays, while my sister busied herself with my action figures. I'm thankful my parents are intelligent and progressive. They didn't force us to behave the way society requests of boys and girls." Anna smiled widely as she envisioned his family. "I love that. I'm glad you have such an amazing family." He shrugged before looking at her. "What about you? Do you like to bake?" Anna laughed heartily causing him to smile. "I can't bake but a few simple things, however, I'm an excellent cook. I strongly believe that you can't do both. You're either gifted to do one or the other."

Ethan nodded at her assessment. "Let's play a game." Ethan shrugged off his coat making himself more comfortable. "Okay, what game?" Ethan smiled at her apprehensive expression. "Twenty-One Questions."