Chapter One

Author-chan here! So glad a lot of people liked "Jean x Reader: Love-Hate" Here's the first chapter of Book two!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

You looked over at Jean. Oh, how you loved him. You two had been together for quite a while. It was now June 1st. You and your friends were finishing your senior year. You would be seniors. "Jean," You began, he looked over at you. "Are you - er - excited to be a senior?" You asked, mentally facepalming yourself. "Yeah, ____, I am." Jean grinned, making you grin back. "Think about it, not only will we be senior's, we'll have the whole summer together soon." Jean brought up. "Aww." You intertwined fingers with your boyfriend. He chuckled. "What? What's so funny?" You asked, joking. "You. You're so cute." Jean complimented. You blushed. "Thanks. . We get out of sch0ool in three days. The dance is that soon." You sighed, choosing to pretend it was because you were worried. Truthfully, Jean hadn't asked you.

-Jean's POV-

"The dance is that soon." You finished. I wanted to ask you. . But how? I'm not good at this type of thing. A note? No. Casual? Are you kidding? Formal? Do you mean a carriage? See, I overreact sometimes. Alright, I'll have to plan it out. Meanwhile, I'm thinking all this which makes us walk in silence. I see your mouth move as if you were speaking to me. "Hmm? Sorry, I was thinking." I quickly said once you were done. "It's fine. I just asked if you were okay." You replied as we entered your neighborhood. "Oh. Yeah, I'm fine." I reassured her. "Alright, alright. If you're sure." _____ placed a kiss on my cheek.

-Normal POV (Normal for the story)-

You kept walking next to Jean. Your hand was getting sweaty so you removed it from his grip. "Sweat," you explained simply. "I love you." Jean suddenly said. You froze before turning around on your heel. He hadn't said that. "I love you too." You replied, kissing him. He kissed back. Once the kiss ended,you two continued walking. Jean secretly fist-pumped the air. You went up to the doorstep and kissed Jean goodbye. "I'll text you." Jean said, walking off the doorstep. "Okay." You replied. He looked back and grinned at you, you smiled and closed the door after entering the house. "Hey, Mom." You greeted, giving her a kiss on the cheek. She kissed your cheek. You did the same to your dad.

"_____, can you go to the store?" Your dad asked. You nodded, "Sure." You said as he handed you the list. There had to be at least twenty to thirty things on there. "Do we really need cake?" You asked. "Well. . Yeah. Of course." He replied. "You know, like the anime character. . The one who likes cake. . ." Your mom spoke up. "Honey-Senpai?" You asked. "Yes! Yes! Honey!" She grinned. "You watched Ouran High School Host Club?!" You asked, shocked. Since when did they watch anime? "I'm going to go." You said quickly before grabbing the car keys and list, then leaving.

You got out of the car, locked it, and let out a sigh as you skimmed over the list. "Alright, ______, let's get this done." You said to yourself, entering the store. You grabbed a shopping cart and began shopping. "Hmm. . Let's see. . Powdered sugar. ." You spoke to yourself, slowly. You went to the correct aisle/area. You grabbed the bag and put it in the shopping cart. "Maybe I should grab another." You grabbed one more just in case before putting it in the cart. 'Apple juice? Alright. .' You thought and went to the correct area.

"Hey _____!" You heard a voice yell. You turned around and saw Reiner. "Oh, hi Reiner." You greeted once he went over to you. "Do you want to hang out with Marco, Connie, Levi, Bertl, Annie, and I?" He invited you. "Oh, I would, but I have to get home." You sighed, putting the groceries in the car. "Great! Let's go." Reiner dragged you away from the car. "Whoa!" You spoke, surprised. You quickly locked the car after Levi had closed the back of it. "Reiner! I have to go!" You groaned. "No, ____, you have to come. It's the mall." Reiner replied. "There are cute girls, okay?" He added, making you laugh. "But, Reiner, my parents. ." You brought up. "S-Sorry _-___." Bertholdt apologized. "It's alright, Bertl." You smiled, reassuring him. "Tch, _____, let's go." Levi finally spoke up. You sighed in defeat. "Alright, fine. But only for half an hour." You agreed.

You looked over at Reiner. "Has it been half an hour?" You asked. "I don't know. Let me check my phone." Reiner took out his phone. Just as he was going to check the time from the lock screen, Annie grabbed it and threw it at the wall. "My phone!" Reiner yelled, running over there to retrieve it. "Annie, why did you throw his phone?" You asked, curiously. The blonde female simply replied "Reasons" which made you not question it. "Luckily, it's alright." Reiner let out a sigh of relief. "That's great to hear." You smiled. Reiner nodded, "Yeah, thanks."

You eventually checked the time on your phone. "Oh no! It's been almost an hour!" You almost yelled. "Tch, we can drive you back to the store." Levi offered. You all left the mall. "Levi and Marco, drive the car." Annie commanded as she went in your car. "Wha-- Okay." You shrugged. "I'll drive." Connie volunteered and got in the driver's seat. You took the passenger seat. The rest of the group sat in the back.

"Connie! I'm going to be late." You facepalmed. "_____, relax. I got this." Connie replied as he drove. "Okay, fine-- Connie, why did you slow down the car?" You asked. "Haven't you ever heard of slowing down when there's a graveyard?" Connie asked. You shook your head. "No! No one would stop to take pictures of random strangers who are dead!" You huffed in frustration. "Well, excuse me." Connie said. "Connie, I could get grounded."

"Nah."

"What do you mean 'Nah'? I have to get back home."

"I know. I'm driving you to your house, if you'll be patient."

"I'm trying to be."

"Relax, ____. It's all under control." Connie finished. You stayed silent. "_-____, it will b-be okay. . We c-can explain to your parents what h-happened. ." Bertholdt brought up. "Thanks, Bertl." You grinned, feeling better about it.

You had finally arrived home. You opened the car door and started to unload the groceries, your friends helped you. Levi and Marco came to help with the groceries. "No, ____, I'm helping." Annie grabbed the groceries from your grasp. "Alright, I guess. Let me open the door. ."