Chapter Seven: Labor

"My water broke."

Percy's eyes widened and Piper jumped up.

"Get her to the infirmary!" Piper said. "I'll get extra clothes and stuff for her and meet you there. GO!"

Percy took my hand and helped me get up. We hobbled to the car and he wasted no time driving through traffic to camp. A contraction hit me, and I knew they weren't just false alarms since my water just freaking broke. 

The car stopped. "Why did you stop the freaking car!?" I half groaned, half yelled.

"Calm down, Wise Girl," Percy said nervously. "There's traffic."

"Don't tell me to calm down," I snapped. Another contraction rolled through me and I whimpered in pain. 

"Just breathe," Percy said. "In and out, in and out."

"Oh my gods, just shut up," I groaned. I knew I was being rude, but I didn't care at this point.

The traffic finally started moving, and for the next 10 minutes, I yelled, whimpered, and groaned while only having 2 contractions during that time. We finally pulled up to the camp infirmary and Percy rushed me in. I sat down on one of the infirmary beds, while Percy talked to one of the daughters of Apollo. She took me to a separate room where I assumed I would be giving birth.

The next few ours all blurred into one. I remembered lots of pain and yelling, the children of Apollo telling me to push. Piper came in at one point and was holding my hand. I even cried. 

"Annabeth," Piper said sternly. "You are strong, you can do this, you will  do this. Now PUSH."

"No, I can't," I sobbed. "I can't, I can't."

Another hand took mine. It was bigger than Pipers, but so familiar.

"Come on Wise Girl," Percy said. "You are one of the strongest people I know, if not the strongest. Now push for 5 more minutes, and have a child for a lifetime."

My face was streaked with tears, but I nodded. I gave one last massive push, and a yell worthy of 100 Greek soldiers, then passed out.

A few hours later

I woke up sore. Very sore. Especially down there.

I was very groggy, but tried to sit myself up nonetheless.

"She's awake!" I heard a girl say. She came into focus and I recognized her from a few years ago, but I forgot her name. She has an oval face, short brown hair and a splatter of freckles.

Over in the corner I saw Percy, Piper, and Will Solace. Will just handed something, no, someone, to Percy. Our baby.

Piper noticed that I woke up and then tapped Percy on the shoulder, pointing to me. They walked over, Percy holding a little child in his arms.

"It's a girl," he whispered. He handed me the baby and I held her in my arms. She was so tiny, smaller than a normal new born, since she was premature. She came with a mess of blond hair on top of her head, but when she opened her eyes, they were sea-green. Tears started forming in my eyes. She was beautiful. 

"I love her," I murmured. I looked up at Percy, whose eyes shone. "What are we going to name her?"

"Anything you like," he muttered. He put his hand on my shoulder.

I looked back down to my baby. "Ava."

"Ava," Percy said, as if sounding it out. "I like it."

Will came over. "You're going to have to stay for a couple nights since the baby is premature and you lost a lot of blood. But, congratulations Annabeth. She's beautiful."

Piper walked over. "She really is something. Can I hold her?"

I carefully handed Ava over to Piper, where she started crying immediately, but Piper soothed her to sleep with her soft singing.

Percy squeezed my hand. "You did it Wise Girl."

I sighed and smiled. "We did it."

He sat down on the bed with me, and we stayed there for the next few minutes.

"Lets call your Mom and Paul over," I said.

He nodded in agreement. "Tomorrow. Today, you need to rest."

A/N

hey guys, short chapter but i hope u like it. if u have any ideas on the story, please comment them. and uh yeah, thats it. byee

~Renee

(P.S.: i hope you like the name. I know a lot of people make the names after people who died, but I didn't really feel like doing that, so thats why I chose Ava. ok bye for real this time)