Chapter Two: One Month Later

The past month of living with Percy has been amazing. We both work at Camp Half-Blood (Percy as a swordsman, and me as an architect). We have evening picnics on the beach and morning strolls in the city. Sometimes we meet up with Piper, Jason, Hazel, Frank, Leo, Calypso, Will and Nico for brunch. Thanks to Hazel's Housewarming gift, which was a piece of tech embedded with magic that gave us a magic barrier so monsters can't detect us, we were able to live peacefully.

Today though, me and Percy are just relaxing on our couch. I was rereading The Odyssey while Percy was watching Netflix. He's been obsessed with The Flash recently and watches it all the time.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. I jumped up and looked through the peephole in the door. Leo Valdez was standing there with his impish face and goofy grin. I opened the door.

"Hey Leo," I said. "What brings you here?"

"Sup Blondie," He said. "I've got a little something for you and Percy." I invited him in and he sat down on the couch.

"Your watching the Flash! Did you get to the part where they find out that Zoom is actually-" 

"No spoilers Leo!" Percy said.

Leo looked sheepish. "Right sorry. Anyways, I came here to give you guys something that I was working on."

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

Leo pulled out two rectangular objects from his pocket. They kind of looked like-

"Phones?" Percy said nervously. "Um, you know we aren't  supposed to have phones with us."

"Calm down guys," Leo said. "This is not just any regular phone. These have a special chip in them that serve as a barrier so that monsters can't detect you when you use them."

"Whoa really?" Percy said excitedly.

"And it really works?" I questioned.

Leo nodded. "Yup. For the past few weeks I've been walking around the city testing them and they work just like a normal phone, but now you can also use them." He handed us the two phones. I inspected mine. It was sleek and shiny with rose-gold finish.

"Thanks Leo,"I said. "This was really cool of you to do."

He shrugged. "It's really no big deal. I've already made ten others, so I'm going to give them to all of our friends and then I could possibly make more and sell them at the Camp Half-Blood store and make some moolah." He wriggled his eyebrows and we laughed.

After Leo left, me and Percy checked out our phones. Percy's looked the same as mine except it was a metallic blue finish, which definitely suited him.

"This is awesome. Now we can call our friends without using up all our drachmas for Iris Messaging!" Percy said. 

I smiled and agreed. Gods, Leo was awesome. I unlocked my phone using my face (which was pretty cool) and saw that I had Messages, FaceTime, Camera, Photos, Instagram, YouTube, SnapChat, Netflix, and a whole bunch of other apps. I also had a phone number (which I will not be sharing, thank you very much). 

"Come on Seaweed Brain. Let's go to the mall and get phone cases before you drop and crack your phone," I said.

"Hey! I'm not that clumsy," He protested. 

"Whatever Seaweed Brain," I said.

I drove us to the mall and we found a little kiosk with phone cases, pop sockets, and phone repair services. I found a transparent case that was tinted gray with an owl in the middle. I immediately loved it and bought it right away. Percy chose a pastel blue one with waves and a trident.

Suddenly I felt sick. Waves of nausea rolled through me and I doubled over groaning.

"Annabeth! Annabeth, are you alright?" Percy frantically asked.

"Bathroom," I grunted.

Percy led me to the women's restroom and stood outside while I ran to one of the toilets. I breathed in and out slowly trying to control my nausea but I couldn't stop it and threw up.

After 5 minutes I was able to control myself and I got up to wash my mouth at the sink. I walked out of the bathroom where Percy was waiting for me .

"Hey, are you alright?" he worriedly asked me.

I took a deep breath. "Percy, I think I might be pregnant."

He stared at me for a couple seconds. I was afraid he was going to get mad, or break up with me and gods, we weren't even married  yet. Instead he took my hands and smiled. "That's great news, Wise Girl! We're going to be parents!"

I sighed in relief and hugged him. "Come on, let's go home so I can take a pregnancy test."

The entire drive home, I was lost in my thoughts. Good thing Percy was driving otherwise I we would have ended up in a ditch. Am I going to be a good mother? What is my dad going to say? What is Athena going to say? What if my child hates me? What if I hate my child?  I choked up at the last one. All my worries, thoughts and concerns swirled in my head, and I didn't even realize that we were home until Percy snapped his fingers in front of my face.

"Wise Girl," He said, amused.  "Come on, we're home."

I trudged up the stairs and into our apartment.

"Ok, I'm going to take the test. We'll know if I'm pregnant in about two minutes," I said.

He nodded. Percy seemed to be very excited about us having a child, which made me feel a lot better.

Inside the bathroom, I opened up a cabinet and took out a box of pregnancy tests that Piper gave me at the Housewarming party saying that "I might be having more fun with Percy now". I sat down on the toilet and peed on it. My heart race quickened. My breathing got louder. I wasn't sure if I was ready for a kid yet. I told myself that I have Percy. Percy will be there for me and our child.

I looked at the test and tried to see if there was a one faint line or two. I gasped.

 A/N

Hey guys, so I hope you like this chapter. I tried to make it longer but it's still pretty short. No hate please but I will take constructive criticism! Thanks for reading :)

~Renee <3