Chapter 1- Meeting

When Nick Fury is just sitting in your bedroom after you come home from work, what would you do?

"What the hell who are you?!" I yelled. I lived alone so it's not like someone gave him the key or like he did the normal thing and just knocked.

"Where the hell have you been I've been sitting here playing Anger Birds for the last hour!" I was confused as to why the man who had just broken into my NYC apartment was disciplining me.

"Anyways" he continued "You Miss (Y/N) (M/N) (L/N) have really caught me attention. I know what your able to do and there is a group of people that I want you to meet"

"How do you know my name and how did you get in here?" I was confused as to how Nick Fury was firstly in my apartment and secondly how he knew who I was.

"Cause I'm Nick Fury" Thats all your gonna give me? Great. "Pack a bag if you wanna stop blowing things up uncontrollably. I saw what you did to the deli in Brooklyn. I mean it should have been shut down a long time ago, but poor Pablo was devastated"

"Where would you be taking me?" Maybe Fury could give me one straight answer instead of just giving me his name, that name meant nothing to me.

"The Avengers Tower right here in New York. They can help you gain control and you can help them save the world"

Save the world? I'm 25 and live alone in Queens. I work a normal job and have normal friends. When I got these powers, I never expected to have to save the world. I can't throw a punch and all of a sudden I'm gonna be fighting bad guys. But what if I hurt someone. I know I need to go but this is a big change for me and everyone in my life. I can't risk peoples lives again, but I also do not want to have the weight of the world on my back like these guys seem to have.

"Fine, how long have I got" I didn't wanna do this but its for other peoples safety, right?

"You have an hour and I'll be back to take you to your new home"

Fury left through my front door, nice to see he could use it. I was packing when my soulmate started playing music. I have never met him, but I had to admit his taste was good. Similar to me, he liked rock music. He also had a thing for the Queen. He was playing "I want to break free", which kinda describes how I feel now. Life as I knew it was over. I had to move on or I wasn't gonna be able to mange it. Just like that my hour was up and I was leaving to embark on my new life. We arrived at the tower about 30mins later. The ride was silent as the man who broke into my home did out paper work instead of filling me in on what I should expect here. When we arrived, I was taken back by the size of the tower, I'd seen photos and videos on the news but they didn't tell you how huge it really is. A man named Happy greeted me, he said he was the head of security and said that he was Tony Starks best friend. We went up the tower to the 42nd floor where the Avengers were waiting for me.

"Ladies, this is (Y/N), she is going to be joining us and in return we will help her control her powers"

"Hi Kid, I'm Tony Stark"

"Ye I know who most of you are, I do watch the news." Everyone laughed expect one tall figure in the background. It seemed that my joke may have upset him but in all honesty, I did not know who he was.

"Well (Y/N) your training can start tomorrow, tonight you can just relax and get to know the team, sound good?" Stark said.

"Thats great! Thanks guys."

"No problem. So your room is on floor 46. It empty apart from Bucky and I thought he could use the company, where are you Bucky?"

The tall figure from the back approached and didn't seem to be too impresses that I was here. He did however pulled out his arm for a handshake. His grip was firm and the shake was good.

"Now that your acquainted, you can bring (Y/N) to your guys floor, I'll order some food for us all"

Me and Bucky got in the elevator and for some reason it felt colder then when I was first in it. I tried friendly conversation with him, a simple "How are you" and "The weathers nice". He didn't respond, he instead put his headphones in. We got to the floor where he escorted me to a room. It wasn't well decorated, very plain but I could change it up. I turned to thank Bucky but he was already in his room with the door shut.

I looked down and released that I was still in my waitress uniform. Kinda embarrassing for me. I changed into some sweatpants and a jumper. I walked to the elevator, his time alone. I was still trying to process that last 2 hours. The doors opened and I see the same group of people, except Bucky was nowhere to be found. Ah well, I should enjoy my night around the people that actually want to get to know me, not the one that could not be bothered to be in the same room as me for that long.