16. Going Down.

Charleigh's POV.

I threw my arms around Alix.
"I'm so sorry." I whispered.
"It's alright, your safe and sound." He said.

We stood up, arms still around each other, and then, the candels blew out on both sides of the huge room we were in.

Prysillah came to stand by us and we all stood back to back in a circle, looking around the room.

Then we heard the familer sound of wheels on the floor. And looked just in time to see Bayne rolling towards us on his skates.

Alix and I grabbed the red and gold blanket that, Prysillah, I'm assuming brought, and we wrapped it around Bayne just as he got to where we were.

He let out a scream of pain and thrashed against our grip. Then there was a flash of hot light that set Alix and I to the floor.

We looked up to see Bayne's body melting inside the blanket.

Then in a matter of seconds he was nothing but liquid.

Then we all heard the sound of whaling and looked up and there stood Randy on the balcony that over looked this room.
Prysillah then ran to the window and pulled the curtains down, sending a blast of sunlight over Randy.

He screamed as he jumped off of the balcony.
He morphed into his bat form and busted through the doors.

"Come on!" Prysillah said.

We followed the path of broken doors and other broken things that had been knocked over. Then we were in the hallway outside the front door.

We looked just in time to see the elevator doors shut.

We all ran to the elevator doors and pride the door open.
We all glanced down to see the elevator going down.

I looked up and saw the gears that pulled the elevator up and down.

And that's when the idea hit me.
I launched the stake gun at the gears and it slid right through, It got caught and rattled and jerked then the hole mechanism stoped.

There was a loud metel-on-metel sound and then the elevator stoped going down.

Sparks flew out from above our heads and then the stake gun was still.

Prysillah took Alix by the arms as they say on the floor. I sank down beside them.

Then we heard a ear splitting noise of something cutting through metel and wood.

"He's trying to get out through the floor." Prysillah said.
" It sounds like he's ripping that thing apart." Alix added.

Then it hit me.

"Ripping out the floor. He wants to go down. " I said. The memory's coming back to me.

" Down where Charleigh?" Alix asked.

"His coffin. I remember now. At the bottom. We've got to hurry, somebody has got to go down there." I said. Now I remembered that all the coffins were under that elevator!

" No, no, no Charleigh. We can't go now, we must wait until the sun comes up." Prysillah said.
"No, it'll be to late. The sunlight will kill me. I'll have to follow Him. I've got to go down and cut him off." I said, jumping up.

" No Charleigh-" Alix Said as he grabbed my arm. "-you can't face him alone."

"Here I'll take care of this end, and you two will go down there. Hurry now go on, get down there." Prysillah said.

Alix and I ran towards the stairs that lead through all floors of the building.
We glanced one last Prysillah and she waved at us, then she started her climb down the elevator shaft, we watched untill her head disappeared from sight. and we pushed on the stairwell door. Letting it shut behind us.