#wegetfunky

Aoba Johsai, Volleyball Club 

Friday, 3:01

Oikawa: Something came up, I can't make it to practice today.

Iwaizumi: Okay

Hanamaki: Why? What happened?

Matsukawa: Are you okay? You never miss practice??

Oikawa: Nothing, you don't have to worry!

Iwaizumi: Nobody's worrying, I promise you

Yahaba: Oikawa-san, hope you get better :DD

_____________________________________

oikawa sighed, slipping his phone back into his pocket. he walked home slowly, his head heavy. 

tooru oikawa never got sick. 

it was a fact, one that had been in place ever since he came to aoba johsai. he never missed school. he never missed practice. he never missed anything. 

he was good at pretending, to be blunt. pretending was easy, but not if you came down with a very very very severe, noncontagious cold every two years. 

oikawa didn't like getting sick. it made him feel squeamish and disgusting, so he didn't say he was sick. instead of laying in bed and taking warm baths, he went to school and trained. oh he trained so much. he would rather break his own bones then admit to being broken, and he did not know if that was a flaw or an irreplaceable trait.

he finally reached his house, opening the door. his mother was out, leaving the house in an unreal quietness.

he felt his phone vibrate against his leg, and he pulled it out, closing the door to his house. thousands of notifications covered his screen, although only two chats weren't on mute. 

#pretty setter squad

friday, 3:32 AM

yabh: oikawa-sannnnnnn

oikawaa is now active

oikawaa: hellooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

milks is now active

milks: i thought you guys have practice rn

oikawaa: i think i have a cold or something, so im not at practice

yabh: im waiting for the others to change

yabh: they keep on talking about how hot oikawa is

oikawaa: im sorry what

yabh: dont tell them i said that

oikawaa: i thought they were straight wtf why are they lying to my face :(((((((((((

oikawaa: and i wont yahaba :)

milks: well now i know that people can like grEaT kInG

oikawaa: youre a king yourself, maybe you just need to be reminded of it ;)

milks: oh shut up and go get some rest

milks is now unactive

oikawaa: tobio-chan is so mean >:(

oikawaa: byebye

oikawaa is now unactive

oikawa sighed and collapsed onto his bed. he felt drained. his phone continued to ding while more and more people came online from the #prettysettersquad groupchat. 

he was happy that his stupid idea to create something as weird and odd as a setter groupchat actually accomplished something. maybe jealousy stemmed the beginning of the entire idea, but it was attachment that made him actively talk in it. 

contrary to popular belief, oikawa wasn't that social. of course he humored a few fangirls once in a while, but he never indulged in actually keeping one of them happy. he has created more than enough group chats to last an entire lifetime, but that doesn't stop him from leaving and being inactive in quite a few of them. 

social interaction drains him, and he absolutely hated himself for that. oikawa wanted to thrive in attention, and he did, just not with fucking strangers. currently, he was very touch starved. he felt lonely, but didn't want the attention of somebody random. 

he groaned, annoyed for thinking to much. he shook his head slightly and rolled over, falling asleep.

__________________________________

hey hey hey 

so this writing style is completely different from anything else ive written before 

do you guys like it (is anyone even reading this???)

well ive been wanting to write a sick oikawa for a while now and i almost forgot that this is supposed to be in lowercase

hope you like it, sae out