Things will never be the same

Ellington stood in the Lynch's bathroom staring at his reflection. A small-ish guy with long brown hair and a scruffy beard stared back at him. He looked down at the small strip of skin that was bare on his wrist. After staring for a few minutes he could see the faded scars. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

Rydel walked in, throwing her keys into the basket by the door and closing the door. She jogged upstairs, running into her room and grabbing the sexiest clothes she could find. She wandered towards the bathroom and knocked loudly on the door.

"Cmon whoever's in there, hurry up! I have a date to get ready for!" She yelled impatiently. After waiting for a minute. She leaned forwards, about to knock again when the door swung open.

"oh hey babe" she smiled widely when she saw who it was. He, however, wasn't smiling at all.

"Just give me ten minutes to shower and then im all yours" she added, still beaming.

"dont bother. I don't wanna go out anymore" he muttered. Rydel's face fell.

"what? why?" Rydel asked, completely confused and definitely hurt.

"You know why, stop lying" he hissed, through gritted teeth.

Rydel had no idea that he had seen her dancing with Brent but had never seen him mad so she was scared and hurt.

"Ellington please. Let me explain." Rydel begged, gently grabbing his arm. tears filled her eyes as he pulled his arm out of her grip. She had no idea how she would explain but she didn't want him to leave her.

"i can't forgive you. what you did was unforgivable and you know it" he spat, the truth clearly hurting the both of them.

"please don't go" rydel whispered burying her face in her hands, not wanting to face him.

but it was too late.

the door slammed shut.

Rydel wanted to run after him, to stop him, to tell him she loved him.

but she didn't because she couldnt.