Decisions.

Riker, Rydel and Ryland strode through the hospital. "Room 256...Room 257...Room 258..." Riker muttered under his breath then stopped walking. "Room 259". Rydel hovered behind him not wanting to go in at all. She was afraid of what she would find. Riker placed his hand on the door handle just as a shreik came from inside the room. The three of them exchanged concerned looks before pushing the door open.

Inside, it looked like a regular hospital room. In the corner, there was in a bed and in the bed, sat Ellington with a sleepy but angry look on his face. He had a bandage around his head and his hair was messy. His polka dot T-shirt was covered in drool stains. Neither of them knew what to say. Luckily, a doctor walked in and over to them all.

"Ellington is sleepy but you can still talk to him. He might be cranky but im sure it will be easy to fix. He probably wants cuddles" the doctor said. None of them really knew why she was talking like Ellington was a baby.

"Why are you treating him like a baby?" Ryland questioned.

"Did you not know?!" The doctor exclaimed, slightly puzzled. "The car that hit him erased his memory. In his mind he's only two years old."

The three of them gawped in shock. There was an awkward silence which was broken by whining. Rydel looked over at Ellington. He was sat, pulling a sleepy face, a yawn crossing his mouth. As weird as it was, Rydel found it cute. Cautiously, she walked over to him, wondering if he was still mad at her.

"Rydel dont-" riker instructed but ryland nudged him in the ribs. Riker stopped talking and just watched.

Rydel and Ellingtons eyes met. She was still scared but tried to hide it. He was scared too but more tired than scared.

Rydel took a risk and sat down slowly and carefully on the edge of the bed. She saw a teddy on the floor amongst other toys and picked it up in her hand. She extended her arm out to him and he took the teddy, wrapping his big arms around it and smiling cutely. Rydel felt a little more relaxed, knowing he trusted her.

"That's funny. He hasn't let anyone that close to him without throwing a tantrum all day" the doctor said to the boys but they just watched in awe.

Ellington snuggled down, holding the teddy in his arms. Rydel stroked his hair, letting his brown hair slip through her long thin fingers. Soon, soft snoring came from the bed. Rydel slowly got up, leaving a small kiss on the top of his head and walked back over to Riker, Ryland and the doctor. "So are you guys going to look after him?" The doctor asked. The three of them exchanged looks. "Is it permanent?" Ryland asked. The doctor just shrugged. "Yes. we will look after him" rydel said confidently. Its just a boy trapped in a mans body, she thought. How hard could it be?