042

"ji, are you seriously alright?," miya asks her bestfriend

it has been about a week after the whole incident happened with namjoon. jiwoo has been staying at home and so has miya. they were both in her house, she asked miya to stay with her for the meantime while jimin, taehyung and seokjin were in school. 

"ji--"

"miya, i know you care about me but i'd rather not talk about him," she cuts her off, "please?," she asks softly. miya gulp before replying, "alright."

namjoon was caught and expelled from the school. he was caught on one of the school's security cameras when he thought he didn't. the principal didn't want to expel him the first time since namjoon was known as one of the school's greatest students but after seeing the footage, everything he thought about namjoon changed.

"well uh, what should we do?," miya asked timidly, laying my back against her bestfriend's headboard.

"i don't know, we've done everything we normally do," she pouts.

the thing about jiwoo is she loves to pretend that she's fine and composed but miya has been with her long enough to see right through her. she words and actions may say that she's fine, but her eyes tell a different story. 

"WAIT," jiwoo suddenly speaks and runs out of the room. after some time, her bestfriend comes back with bottles of soju. her eyes widened, "jiji w-what?!"

she smiles, "c'mon mimi, let's drink!"

"ji, no i've never drank before and you shouldn't be doing this!! this isn't good for you," miya reasoned out. her bestfriend whined, "lighten up, will you? let's have fun at least once! all i've done is be sad and all you've done is watch me be sad!"

"b-but"

"PLEASE BESTFRIEND?!," she gives miya her puppy eyes, "just once!" after minutes of hesitating, she sighed, "fine, let's just.. not drink too much"

she beamed, "YES MA'AM!"

▪▪▪

"heyyyyy," miya giggled. "heyyy," jiwoo giggled back. the two definitely drank a bit too much than they anticipated. jiwoo's head was hanging off the edge of her bed while miya wrapped her whole body around jiwoo's legs.

they both giggled loudly as jiwoo slowly slid down on the floor, leaving miya sprawled on her bed. "i'm sleepy," jiji dragged and she finally fell asleep.

miya allowed herself to fall and roll on the floor. laughing, she crawled to the wall in attempts to let herself stand up again. her mind felt foggy and swirly. it felt like she didn't have to worry about anything and that everything was fun and funny.

she then sees jiwoo's phone and decides to take it and proceeds to go to the camera and took silly pictures of herself. "hey jiji," she called, completely forgetting that she was passed out. groaning, she carried her upper body and let her bestfriend sot on her lap.

miya continues to take pictures of herself and her passed out friend, not thinking much about it.

she then accidentally goes to her contacts and sees her name.

"who is this?," she furrowed her eyebrows. she giggles and presses that contact and it automatically calls that number.

▪▪▪

jimin and taehyung were in class when taehyung felt his phone vibrate in his back pocket. sneakily, he takes it to see who was calling him and to his surprise, it was jiwoo.

furrowing his eyebrows, he raised his hand. jimin looked at him confused and shrugged. when he caught the teacher's attention, he asked permission to go to the restroom. after getting approval, he stood up and walked to the exit.

immediately, he answered the call as he walked to the men's restroom. "hey, ji. is everything alright?"

he heard a giggle which made him more confused, "ohhh who is this?"

"uhh, taehyung? kim taehyung?"

the voice then laughed loudly, "OH SO THAT'S WHO THIS WAS," the voice continued laughing. "wait, miya is that you?"

"yeahhhh," she giggles again. this time, a thought pops in taehyung's mind. "wait, are you drunk? why are you drunk? where's jiwoo?"

"she's passed out on the floor"

"WHAT?! ARE YOU GUYS OKAY?," he panics, finally ariving at the restroom. luckily, there weren't anyone around.

"she's finee," miya drunkely says, "but i'm not"

"mi, what happened? are you alright?," he asked, worried that they might've hurt themselves.

"my heart hurts."

"WHAT? WHY?"

"because of you."

taehyung paused, "w-why? what did i do?"

"because you were so sweet to me, you brought me to your favorite place, you made me feel special, you made me feel like the happiest girl in the world," she sniffed, "you even told me you loved me."

miya continues, "i thought we were going to be happy. you gave me the locket and everything, your aunt loved the both of us. when you made me carry that heavy sack of flour on my own, but of course they were just too good to be true"

taehyung sat on the sink while carefully listening to miya ramble. "miya, i don't remember doing any of that..."

the girl on the other side of the phone bitterly laugh, "of course you don't"

after shortly pausing, "you don't know but i cried myself to sleep every night when i came back here. part of me just wanted to stay with you. i guess that's the universe's way of punishing me for being so selfish."

"you're not selfish."

"i love you too, taehyung."

the man freezes, "h-huh?"

"i didn't get to say that before i disappeared from your time. i love you too and it hurts because i know you'll never feel the same way"

tears were streaming down miya's face. even if she wanted to stop talking, her mouth was failing her. suddenly feeling sleepy, she allows herself to drift away.

"hello? miya? are you still there?," taehyung called but no one answered him. figuring that she might've passed out, he ended the call.

though he didn't understand where miya was coming from, his heart felt heavy. it felt as if someone was squeezing his heart. it hurt but he didn't understand why.