✰ 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

EXHAUSTED WAS THE ONLY word that could describe how the other passengers on the plane looked, as they walked off the plane. Hannah, on the other hand, felt that she had been on a plane for several hours, though having slept through the entire leg between Iceland and Chicago, she was well rested. Sighing, she got up, sneaking into the line, after an older man politely motioned for her to get up. Quite like usual, the line to get off the plane took a long time, though it sped up until they reached the security check.

Papers and permits were checked, questions were asked, while eyes were scanned and fingerprints were ran against several different databases.

               "What brings you to the States?"

               Hannah sighed as she looked at the young man, his blue eyes sending her a questioning look as he patiently waited for her response. "I'm here for work as the announcer for England's national team of football. Or, soccer, if you have to get it in your terms." She replied, plastering a smile on her face, seeing a grin spread on the man's lips.

             "That's actually pretty crazy — me, meeting you here, that is." He chuckled, scratching the back of his neck. Hannah shot a glance at his badge, trying to spot a name. Nathan. "Thing is, I'm actually bringing my kid to the game. He's currently more of a NFL-fan, though his British heritage from his mother's side has me trying to get him into soccer."

Hannah smiled, gathering her things while he stamped her passport, gratefully nodding as he handed it back. "I hope you and your son will enjoy the match."

Nathan smiled once again, clearing his throat as he glanced at the rest of the line. "I know this is a bit unorthodox for my line of work, but—," he paused, tearing off a piece of paper from a notebook on his desk, quickly scribbling something down on it. "Here, take this, and feel free to let me know if you'd like a little tour of Chicago, or the best place to get a deep dish pizza." He smiled softly, watching as Hannah accepted the note, before shoving his hands in the pockets of his pants.

                "Thank you, I'll keep it in mind."

               She gathered her things, leaving the customs, and not many minutes later, she found herself in a taxi on the way to the hotel. Getting out of the taxi, she noticed the team wasn't far out; paparazzis and reporters flocked around, while police had arrived to hold them back. Hannah chuckled, shaking her head as she walked right past them. A handful recognized her, remembering her face from various matches — both with Manchester United, and with the national team. Others didn't seem to even notice her as she walked past them, not being able to recognize her without hearing her voice.

              "Good evening, ma'am, and welcome to the Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile. How may I help you?"

               "I've got a reservation; the name's Henderson. I'm here with the football-squad coming from England." She explained gently, watching as the woman behind the desk typed aggressively on the keyboard of the stationary computer.

               "Hannah Henderson, yes?" The lady lifted her gaze, noticing how Hannah nodded in response. "Very well. Single room, with a view, on the twenty-second floor." The receptionist handed Hannah a card-key, a smile on her lips as the British journalist accepted the keys, immediately placing them within the safety of her pocket, zipping it close. "Now, if you have any requests or questions, feel free to ask. The entire squad will be placed on the same floor as you, in hopes to give you all the best and most privacy. I sincerely hope you enjoy your stay here with us."