Is Someone There?

Cody's POV

Out of bed, out of house, out of my mind.

I rose up from my bed in a mummy like manner, my fingertips reaching for the ceiling.

'Crap. Another day of school. Isn't it over yet?'

I exhaled, puffing my cheeks like a goldfish.

My chest felt so tight and heavy as I propped my body up straight, the blood rushing to my feet.

Clack clack

It was my door.

"Mmm... yeah?" I gaped my mouth open yawning and trying to talk at the same time.

"You up? what you want for breakfast?" My brothers voice.

"Ah... nah I'm not hungry..." The shadow from under my door slowly faded away and footsteps became distant.

'He can't cook...'

I rubbed my dark circles, I was becoming sleep deprived.

Eyelashes wilted down into the palms of my hands.

I stood in front of the mirror, inspecting myself. Crooked shirt, my collarbone poked right through my skin, the light reflecting from the boney sight. My pants began to slide down to my ankles, I was losing way too much weight. 'I have to sort myself out'

My eyes drooped down, hair falling over my nose and ears. That big black mess was unbearable to look at.

I was way too tall for my room, my head almost obstructed the ceiling fan.

My back hunched as I stormed out the door to my bathroom.

"Sh-shit!" I yelped as my head hit the door, I am too tall.

"Hahahaha...." I could hear a muffled laugh from downstairs, it was obviously my brother since we were the only ones who lived in this house.

I pulled up my middle finger at him, sitting down on the couch almost right underneath me.

As I leaned over the railing and swung my head upside down to see the huge grin painted on his face, I breathed out "shut up, asshat." Which only made him laugh even harder.

"Tch. So immature." He cackled.

I knew I had not much time left, I stomped over to the door adjacent to my room, swinging the door open I barricaded myself in the room.

I shoved a brush in my mouth and pulled it from side to side. 'maybe I can move my head instead?'

I held my hand still and tried to do it.

"Aah!"

'That really hurt dammit.'

My neck had seized up completely, the strain was so uncomfortable I couldn't move.

Every millimetre of movement caused a truckload of pain.

I rested my eyes on the window for about half a minute.

'My neck feels... better.'

I cautiously twitched my neck.

"Hnngg..." a small surge of pain, wasn't much, so I moved my head completely.

It worked just fine, no discomfort at all.

I smiled out of the window.

'Never gonna do that again!'

My shirt was falling off slowly, which reminded me to get undressed.

I lifted it over my head, the cold air pricked all over my bare skin.

I shivered viciously.

Squeaks came out as I twisted the shower knob.

Then the water flowed out of the head, the warm, humid steam comforted me softly.

It felt so relieving.

Stepping onto the shower floor I almost immediately slipped over, but the railing was there for support.

Something didn't feel right...

Something was different and I felt so strange.

'Oh my... god...'

I turned my head down...

to notice...

I forgot to take my pants off (:p)

"I-idiot!" I slapped myself on the forehead, squishing my hair with my face, I spat out my hair and flung my pyjama pants on the toilet.

I showered for about ten minutes, stepping out I grabbed the towel and wrapped it around my body tightly.

'So snug.'

I shared the towel with my hair and body, alternating between drying both.

Once I felt dry enough I saw flashes coming from outside the window.

The entire walk to my room, more flashes came from the window between my room and the bathroom.

Then once reaching my bedroom, the flashing stopped.

I swished my hair back and threw my towel over my bed.

Which is when... I heard something peculiar.

A high pitched shriek and the sound of a thump along with another flash of shiny white light.

I continued with dressing myself in uniform and went out the door with my bag, that was it.

Once leaving the house I was on my way to school.

The walk was exhausting but it was good exercise.

Behind me... something was lurking.

Someone was following me.

I'd been having that feeling a lot lately.

Especially in class.

The weirdest thing happened last time in gym.

I was going to get changed but couldn't find my clothes, I knew I hadn't misplaced them so someone must be up to something.

I found my clothes in front of one of the first years lockers.

That was weird.

But I didn't read too much into it at the time because I was tired and lazy, but now that I think about it... it really is suspicious.

I quickly looked behind me, pretending to look to the back of my bag, I caught a small glimpse.

All I knew was it was a kid, a kid covered in grass and a red tint, airbrushed all over his face. He was cute but...

What must've he have been doing?