𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

"They noticed the needle," Machi observes.

"Doesn't matter. We're on their tail." 

There wasn't much space in the car, so I sit on Feitan's lap. Not of choice. He keeps poking my back, looking for weaknesses. I swat them all away. At least, I try to. 

Something lands on the hood of the car. It's a man with eyes that flit everywhere. He throws a cloth on the car. 

Feitan immediately opens the door and tosses me out. I land on my feet and grab Feitan from the car, so Nobunaga can get out. 

The car is now in that cloth, and shrunken down to the size of a mason jar. Nobunaga is still in there. 

The man picks up the cloth and praises us for escaping in seconds. We figure out that he's the one who got all of the merchandise. 

We hear the sound of wind being moved. Turning to the side, we see five more Shadow Beasts. 

"There's quite a lot," Shalnark states. 

I grin. "One for each of us." 

The rest of the Troupe members are confused. "Does this mean that the chain user is not a Shadow Beast?"

Feitan smirks at me. "I'll take three. Machi, take Owl. Shizuku, you take the rest. Shalnark and Y/N, just wait there." 

I groan in annoyance, and Shalnark grins. "Okay!" 

They take them out in seconds, and I just pace boredly.  

The Troupe members get in the car. I want to stay in the "fresh-ish" air, so I sit on top. Nobunaga does as well, but not with his free will. He grumbles. "Bastard, that Feitan." 

I smile. "Now you know how I feel." :)

Back at the base, Feitan chains up Owl and I watch as he starts to torture him. In no time, Owl handed over the merchandise. 

Machi comes in. "Do you know where the stuff is?" 

I point to Feitan, and he raises a hand with the bag of things. "Right here. It was no fun. He broke before I even started to have fun." 

I roll my eyes. "All you boys talk about is fun. Fun torturing, fun doing the Hunter Exam." 

"Excuse me?" He looks up at me and Machi leaves, laughing. He starts to walk up to me, and me to him, until we're right in each other's faces. We start fighting. Our speed is the same, and so is our strength.

That's when Machi comes back. "Let's go, lovebirds. Shalnark located the Mafia comms room." 

"Okay," I say following her. My cinquedea is at my back, letting Feitan know that one move and it's going to be sticking out of his stomach. Or, at least, I'll try to have it sticking in his stomach. Man, I really do hate that he has such fast reflexes.