ten

party playlist

Mother Mother - Hayloft

Blood Orange - You're Not Good Enough

Dreamer Boy - Falling for the Wrong One

Lykke Li - Sex Money Feelings Die (slowed version)

3OH!3 - Don't Trust Me

Cobra Starship - Good Girls Go Bad (ft. Leighton Meester)

Arctic Monkeys - R U Mine?

*ivy's p.o.v.*

Since I've arrived home for Christmas holiday, I've been hold up in my studio, painting and reading. For Christmas, my parents bought me a ton of new paint, canvases, and paint brushes along with a few other things but I'm most excited for my new art supplies. My favorite thing to do is to paint landscapes and enchant the painting to change as the seasons do.

Painting has been one of my favorite past times since I was a kid. When we were younger, Pansy used to force me into painting portraits of her but I would purposely make her look ugly. At a certain point, she realized that I was never going to paint a portrait of her so she burned all the ones I made of her. I don't even paint portraits, I mainly do landscapes and lately, abstract.

"Ivy, dear", my mother said walking into my studio.

"Yes, mum", I said setting my paint brush down.

"Your father and I are leaving. Please don't strangle your sister while we're gone"

"I promise I won't", I said hugging her.

"Love you", she said kissing my forehead. "And don't forget to wear your little apron thing"

"My smock?"

"Yes. I don't want you to get paint all over your clothes. Come out and see your father and I out"

I followed my mother out to the foyer, where my father and sister were standing with my parents' trunks. "Bye, daddy. Have a good trip", I said hugging him.

"Thank you, Ivy. I'll bring you back a book", he winked. "Don't forget, you two need to come up with your introductions for cotillion"

"Don't worry daddy, I'm on it", Pansy said to him.

"And figure out what you want for your dresses", my mother added. "You're father and I are off now. We love you so much", she said grabbing my father's hand and disapparated out of our foyer.

"Finally", Pansy sighed. "The party can finally start"

"Well, I'm going to go back to my studio. Have fun with your one-person party", I said walking away.

"Come on, the party is in a couple of hours. Don't you want to pregame? The girls are coming over in a few", she said falling me into my studio.

"I'm going to finish my painting until then", I said picking up my brush. "I want to finish this so I can start a new project"

"What exactly is this?" she asked tilting her head at my canvas. "It just looks like a ton of shapes in different colors"

"It's called abstract art, P"

"Well, I'm going to sit here and watch you paint while I start on my introduction. Have you figured out what you're going to say yet?"

"Nope. I don't even know what we're supposed to say"

"I heard that we're supposed to fluff ourselves up. Just make up some bullshit that's going to catch the attention of the Ministry", she said sitting down at my desk and writing on a piece of parchment.