17

TIMESKIP.

suit for the rest of this book

It's been a few weeks since you woke up

It's been a few weeks since you woke up... You learned to walk again in no time flat... And a few more air benders came in... Ikki and Meelo worked on the physical aspect of it, like movements and air bending control. Pema gave them a brief history lesson, and what it means to be an air bender. Even though you weren't an air bender, they wanted you to teach the the proper stance for mediation, because that was the only thing you had down... You all played your part on creating the new air nation, and you couldn't have been prouder...

You woke up one morning like you had been for the past few weeks, getting up, and teaching mediation stances. You got out of your room, only to see Pema standing right outside the door.

Y/N: Oh, morning Pema.

Pema: Good morning Y/N.

Y/N: Something I can do for you?

Pema: Actually, yes.

Y/N: Ok, what's up?

Pema: Just come with me for a moment.

Y/N: Ok?

You and Pema walk into the breakfast room... Kya was sitting, while Daw and the other 2 air benders were eating... After you sat down with Pema and Kya, Ikki screamed.

Ikki: MOM, AUNT KYA! WE GOT ANOTHER ONE!

The three of you looked up, and saw someone with an already shaved head, and wearing some darker colored robes... None the less, you all let him in with open arms... The beginning of the day was meditation training... Daw and the other 2 in air acolyte robes were having trouble... You noticed that Yorru was in a near perfect stance.

Y/N: Move your legs out a little more... And that's basically a perfect stance.

Yorru: Thank you... I am curious as to why a fire bender is teaching us this.

Y/N: Well, I've been living here for a little while, so some of the air bending traditions have grown on me I suppose.

You continued to help the other three... You couldn't help but feel curious about this "Yorru" Fellow... He didn't seem all that surprised or scared when he found out he could air bend... And so far, meditating seems like a breeze for him... After a few hours, Meelo came over.

Meelo: Alright Y/N, hand em over to me!

You chuckled.

Y/N: Ok Meelo... Since you don't know the whole routine yet Yorru, Meelo is going to work with you on your movements as an air bender.

Yorru: Of course... Thank you for the meditation session.

Yorru walked off with the other air benders.

Y/N: Hmm...

Kya came by a few moments later.

Kya: What is it?

Y/N: ...Nothing...

Kya: Ok? Anyway, just wanted to check to see how you're feeling.

Y/N: I feel like I'm getting stronger everyday to be honest.

Kya: That's great!

Y/N: But I get the feeling that you're hiding something, because you seem a little more excited than usual.

Kya: Well...Tenzin called!

Y/N: And?

Kya: I have good news... And bad news.

Y/N: GREAT...What is the good news?

Kya: Good news is, we leave first thing tomorrow for the Northern Air Temple to meet up with them.

Y/N: REALLY?! That's great news!

Kya: ...

Y/N: ...What's the bad news.

Kya: ...Bad news is... Korra and her friends had to split off with the rest of them...

You got really upset.

Kya: I'm sorry Y/N... Apparently, they're headed back here though... So, if you wanna stay here by yourself, I'm sure they'll be here...

Y/N: ...I don't know... Let me think about it ok?

Kya: Sure thing.

Kya left, and you were sitting out on the balcony... You looked out to the water for a little bit... And thought about Korra.

Y/N: ...I miss you... So much...

You took a deep breath, and went to your room, and took a nap.

TIMESKIP AFTER NAP.

You slowly start to wake up to the sound of Meelo pounding on the door.

Meelo: DINNER'S READY! DINNER'S READY!

Y/N: w-w-what... D-dinner?! I slept that long?!

You just about jumped out of bed, and ran out the door... Meelo was still standing there.

Meelo: Huh... Maybe he was being the leaf!

Meelo ran after you... You ran into the kitchen, and see Pema and Kya finishing cooking.

Y/N: I didn't mean to sleep all day.

Kya: It's alright, you must've been really tired.

Pema: Maybe you're body is trying to adjust after what happened.

Y/N: Yeah... Can I help with anything?

Pema: How hungry are you?

Y/N: Really...

Pema laughed.

Pema: I guess I should've assumed... You can help by eating as much food as you can, we kind of went overboard this time.

You chuckled.

Y/N: Sure, no problem.

Meelo: Y/N!

You turn around.

Y/N: Yes Meelo?

Meelo: What were you doing?

Y/N: Oh, I was just taking a na-

Meelo: SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!

Meelo then ran off with Poki... You looked at Pema... Then Kya.

Kya: Don't look at me, I have no idea where that came from.

You all kind of chuckled, and you all went into the dining room and ate dinner...

Y/N: That was amazing! Thank you Pema and Kya.

Ikki: Yeah mommy and Aunt Kya!

Meelo: I EAT THE LEAF!

Y/N: ...Did you guys give Meelo cactus juice or something? He seems extra... Meelo today...

Pema laughed.

Pema: No, it's just one of those days I guess.

When you were all done eating, Meelo had one more session to do with the air benders. You helped Kya and Pema clean up.

Kya: So Y/N, have you put any thought into it?

Y/N: I... I'm still not sure...

Kya: It's alright... I'm sorry for not letting you know sooner, Tenzin just told me today.

Y/N: It's fine... I'll be in my room if you guys need me.

Kya: Sure thing Y/N.

You left and head off to your room... You sit down on your bed... You reread the note from Korra... You then looked at the ceiling for a little bit.

Y/N: I wonder... That Yorru guy seemed to get the hang of it quick... Wait?!

You then sat up and realized something...

Y/N: How in the hell did he know I was a fire bender?!... Maybe Ikki or Meelo told him?

You felt a little uneasy about it... You left you room about 10 minutes later... You were walking to the bathroom when.

Kya: I need some help!

You turn, and dart toward the courtyard... Only to see Kya fighting Yorru.

Y/N: I knew it! I had a feeling about that guy!

Kya: Well that isn't just any criminal.

Y/N: Criminal?

He was about to blow you back, but you created a fire wall to block it.

Kya: His name is Zaheer... He's hunting Korra.

Y/N: Za-who?...

That's when you realized what Kya said.

"He's hunting Korra"

Oh hell no...

You started fire bending at him while Kya was water bending him... It was enough to knock him back.

Kya: Nice, thanks for the help Y/N.

But you were ignoring her, you kept walking over to Zaheer... He got up quick, and you two went at it!... He used the staff to air bend a huge wave your way... But you held your ground, and created another fire bending wall... You kept marching towards him, but he tried to fly away... You fire bended his leg, which caused him to fall. You kept marching.

Y/N: Not Korra... You won't touch her!

You went to fire bend at his face, but dodged... But then, he proceeded to kick your ass... His movements were so quick, you couldn't believe he was a new bender... He finally was done with you, and flew off... Kya ran over to you.

Kya: Y/N Are you alright?!

Y/N: I-I'm fine... Just... Got tossed around like a salad...

Kya: Guess you're not back at 100% yet.

Y/N: Or he was just that good... How in the hell did he get so good with air bending in a matter of hours?

Kya: My guess is that he was already that good before he came in this morning...

Y/N: Regardless... I've made my decision... I'm coming with you guys... But... I'll be leaving you about half-way...

Kya: What do you mean?

Y/N: Well... Do you know where Korra went?

Kya: Tenzin said they got a call that another air bender was in Zaofu...

Y/N: Zaofu?

Kya: It's home to the metal clan.

Y/N: Oh, I see... How close is it to the Northern Air Temple?

Kya: Not sure to be honest with you.

Y/N: I see... Well... Either way, the only reason I'm gonna branch off is to find Korra... And protect her...

Kya: Y/N, you're still not up to full strength...

Y/N: That's besides the point Kya... I'm going to go pack... Morning is going to come quick... Goodnight.

Kya: ...Goodnight.

You and Kya went your separate ways... You went back to your room and started to pack... It didn't take long... You looked at the note.

Y/N: (in head) Eh, I guess I'll bring it along.

You fold the note and put it in your bag... You get a knock on the door.

You get into a stance... You knew everyone was either asleep, or went back to bed.

Y/N: Who's there?!

No answer...

You turn off the lights... As the door opens...