Chapter 13

It was silent as Pansy stood from the bed.  Somehow, the thought of her leaving made Eden shift uncomfortably, enough to catch her attention and make her stop mid walk to the door.

"Would you like to come with me?  You could see my daughter?"

The offer ran circles around her head for a few seconds before she nodded her head and accepted the invite.

"Malfoy told me I-"

"I don't care what Malfoy told you, the most you could do is swat a fly.  Come on."

The two girls walked out of the room, one in front leading and one following behind.

It was obvious who was who.

It had been a few days since she left the room and walked down this long hallway.

What she noticed was that for all the times she walked up and down it she never realized how nice it was.

As much as she hated the guy, Eden had to give him some kind of credit for making his home look so beautiful.

On their walk down the stairs Eden was curious, more confused, but curious. Pansy had been so trusting of her; So confident that she was going to do no harm to her or her child.

Who had ever trusted their child with a prisoner? It was not adding up to her, but she was somewhat grateful that someone had trust in her.

Of course, Eden would never do anything to hurt someone without reason, especially a baby.

The house was so dark for it being Christmas Eve. It felt too cold to be celebrated.

When they made it into the living room of the house Eden saw the baby on the floor. She was not alone though. Beside her, Malfoy sat holding a toy of her's that she handed to him right before they walked in.

His eyes directed to the door and he immediately dropped everything he was holding and got to his feet. "What is she doing out? Pansy, I told you to keep her inside of her room, not to let her out... At least until the sun went down or someth-"

Speaking like Eden was not even there, standing in front of him with her hands awkwardly being held in front of her.

"Please Draco it's Christmas for gods sake. Excuse my language. Where do you think she's going to go in the span of what maybe 3 hours? She'll be under my care, my supervision. I won't let anything happen to her and she won't escape. Plus she wanted to see Eden."

The name was still catching her off guard, thinking that it was her own name being called.

Growing up there were not many Eden's around and she had never once met anyone named Eden. Aside from her there were no Eden's at Hogwarts. The only one that she could find had graduated many, many, MANY years before her in the tenth century when the school was in it's first years of opening.

It might have just been because the name was not popular where she lived, but that was no longer relevant now was it?

"You're willing to let her sit there... With your baby?"

"Well, she is not an animal is she? Eden, are you going to be biting my child's head off? You can be honest" Pansy's lips formed into a smirk as she looked at her for an answer.

Malfoy's eyes flashed toward her and he shook his head.

It was a shame.

He had no sense of humour.

Must live a very boring life if that is the case.

"Do not answer that..." His attention went back to Pansy. "If she does anything let me know. I'll be going now."