Memory 10

February, 1998

Pounding, aching pain.

Eden refused to get up but it was becoming too much for her to ignore and by then she wasn't even asleep anymore, nor was she tired enough to fall back into it.

Taking a pill now would help in the long run. At least she would get rid of the pain now instead of later when it built up.

"No need. I can provide all the assistance you'll be needing. Here you go. Some water."

"Fred?"

"And Malfoy. He's run out though. Tells me he went to the bakery down the street to pick something up for you... Well don't look so surprised. He knows where the safe house is. Told me everything that happened last night while he was at it."

He knew?

Why did Draco know?

Did she miss something in the time that she was asleep and why was she only finding out now from Fred, whom she had no contact with until this very second. "How does he know where it is? Why does he know where it is?"

"Has he not told you Eden? He's working for both sides. During the day he's an resistance member, at night he's a Death Eater.  You must have known this. The guy tells you a lot more than he tells me."

How embarrassing. She knew nothing about this. Fred must have thought she was clueless or something.

Draco did not in fact tell her anything about this... Did he too think she was incapable of knowing this information, just like Harry? Hermione? Everyone for that matter? And here she thought maybe one person didn't view her that way. Though what else was she supposed to expect from him. He's a Malfoy for a reason.

"There's a reason I didn't tell you." He suddenly shut the door behind himself, barging in on the conversation. "Here, eat this or you'll feel sick."

One look inside the bag and she could make out what it was.

Bread with chocolate chips.

How Draco knew that was her favourite was beyond her, but after spending sometime with him, she could come to the conclusion that perhaps he watched her get it in the morning when she used to leave work. The bakery was 24 hours, which was just her luck since when she used to work, her shift ended in the middle of the night. The cravings would kick in around then.

Fred awkwardly turned back to Eden and rose his eyebrows as a way of alerting her of how serious Draco was.

For Eden, this tone, this posture, this Draco was not serious whatsoever.

She's seen serious, and angry, and happy, but this was his calm. His shoulders were relaxed, his posture was kind of slouching.

After finishing the food he so graciously got for her, she spent a few minutes getting ready.

The girl was still wearing the clothes she wore the night before at the party and her jeans were uncomfortable at that point. Her hair was basically stuck to her head for when she took out the pins her hair did not even fall out of formation. That's what she got for sleeping on it like this.

Her hair was going to be so tangled and hard to brush out now because of that very reason...

"Malfoy?"

"What Fred?"

Fred laughed and turned his head toward him. "Fred? You've just called me Fred. That's so strange to hear from you."

"Well you are my favourite twin after all."

"I'm just surprised you can tell George and I apart. You knew right when you came who you were speaking to." Fred laid back on the pillow of Eden's bed, getting comfortable on stuff that wasn't even his. "Uh, but anyway, I wanted to ask you something. Why did you not tell Eden about your... Dual loyalty?"