Memory 15

March, 1998

Draco grabbed her small hand, pulling her back to him as she tried to get far enough away to apparate back to the safe house, where she would then never speak to him again.

"Don't do this... You don't want this!"

"OF COURSE I DON'T! You're the only good part of my days! I only look forward to speaking with you! I don't care about anyone else anymore-"

Suddenly, while staring down into her glossy eyes, something came over Draco. He let go of her hand, instead wrapping his arms around her torso while pulling the girl against him and leaning down until their lips were interlocked.

He shut his eyes, hoping and praying that she did not pull away from him.

Eden's eyes shut right away and her hands grabbed hold of his face. Her lips began to move with his. It felt like she was ready for this. Like she had thought about it happening.

From the lack of resistance, Draco knew for sure she'd given thought to the idea of them in a closer manner like they were right now.

"Please don't do this Eden. I won't let you. I won't let you leave here until you promise me you're not going to abandon me the way everyone else has! You are all I have left! You're the only person I want to protect and care for. Promise me." Draco's hands went running up her back, over the fabric which was separating his touch from being on her bare back, and then up to her arms, comfortingly rubbing them with his thumb's.

Her eyes narrowed toward the window, looking out at the view of the shining lights from the city late at night.

The way Draco felt about her, the way he held her, watched her, protected her... No one ever did this for her. No one has ever cared this much.

Not even Harry.

Draco's only thoughts were about her, all of the time. Even when he tried to hide it, she knew he cared.

All these months...

All this time...

He was doing all of this because he wanted to. He did it because he would sleep better at night knowing she was safe. He did it because he wanted to keep her happy and even now that her world was falling apart right in front of her. He was still the light at the end of her tunnel.

It was never Harry...

It was Draco.

"I won't abandon you Draco... I promise I'll never abandon you. I'll never leave you-"

His lips pressed against her's once again, almost lifting her off of the floor while he embraced her in his large, warm, comforting arms.

What this meant for them was a mystery to the two, but what they knew in that moment was that they finally got it off their chests.

They loved each other.

That was why they would do anything for one another.

That's why they would die for each other...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You'll meet me out here tomorrow? Right?" Draco asked while holding her waist gently. They stood behind the tree across the street, hiding behind the darkness so that no one saw them from the windows of the house. Draco's jacket hood was pulled up to hide his bright hair.

"I'll meet you here tomorrow... Goodnight." She smiled slightly.

Her eyes were still puffy and red from the tears, lips still swollen from the kisses and feelings way better than when she left the house. And to think they were standing there just half an hour ago as she shouted and went on about how upset and angry she was with him. Oh where the night led them to would shock everyone... But no one could know.