Memory 19

April, 1998

That next morning Eden woke sometime in the afternoon.

Draco, well he was no where to be seen.

He left without leaving a note.  Perhaps it was because after the alcohol wore off he became embarrassed with his behaviour, or maybe it was because he was still mad at her?

Eden had no clue, but it was one of those.

Though he was not there with her, she remembered their agreement from the night before.  They would go together to the safe house.

She needed to speak with Fred.  See how he was doing with the Ginny situation.  She didn't get the chance to see him last night.  Draco came before she could and she wasn't going to let him completely destroy the house while she went to speak with her friend.

By the time the clock hit 5, Draco was back, this time sober, thank god.

Eden was sat on the bed, just finishing the left side of her waterfall braid so she could put it half up half down when she went.

She was wearing what she usually wore, just a simple hoodie and some jeans that flared slightly at the bottom.

Even though she spent the last hour on her hair, it looked frizzy or even a little messy, like she'd fallen asleep on it, but it was not bad to the point where it looked horrid on her, so she left that way.  The messy look was in anyway so who cared.

Seeing Eden struggle to tie up her hair and hold the two braids together, Draco walked over and put his right hand over her's and his left hand doing the same, taking hold of her hair and pulling the hair tie off of her wrist.  "Let me do it.."

The girl let him.  She needed the help anyway.

His cold hands slid down to her shoulder when he finished and with his right hand, he grabbed some of her hair, pulling it over to the left side, now looking at the emptiness of her neck.

"Have you eaten today?"

The sleekness in his little whisper sent goosebumps running up her arms.

"No I haven't.  I'm not hungry right now.  I'll have something later on."

Could this get anymore awkward?

The silence in between their words was only making the mood more and more tense.  Soon the pit in her stomach would become big enough to engulf her.

"Are you ready to go?  I'll take you now so you have some time with Fred...  He's the reason you're going is he not?"  By the way Draco said his name, Eden knew he took a liking to Fred.  If he did not, Fred would have been referred to as Weasley.  That was probably why he was so lenient on letting her go down tonight.

The two arrived shortly after their talk, walking through the halls and finding where Fred's room was.

"Are you still mad at me?"  Eden asked as they walked up the staircase leading to the fourth floor.

So many levels because there were so many people staying here, but why did his room have to be on a high one?

"I'm not mad.  I'm disappointed that you didn't trust me enough to tell me, but I realize that's my own fault...  Not yours.  You didn't trust me because I've been a dick about it."

If he truly were not mad at her, he wouldn't have made the environment so tense and he would have also been looking at her when he spoke.

He was good at making her feel bad that was for sure.