Prologue

A young girl about the age of 15, gazed through the murky glass in her hospital room door. The sky was gray, and stormy. Her eyes were sad and unfocused. On the coffee table nearby, her name was etched in a metal slab, signifying the inhabitant of the room.

Keira Khatri

She knew very well that the last thing she would see of this would be none other than the blank gray walls and the IV needles in her arms. She hated it. She missed the feeling of the cool air and the outside world. Yes, she was sick. She knew that. She didn't need reminders everyday about how miserable her life was. She hadn't even gone outside since she was 5 years old. That's how long Keira was trapped in the cubical room. Keira's short shoulder length hair flared all over the pillow as she flopped backwards on the bed.

The clock read: 11:30 AM

Keira sighed. The nurse would be coming anytime soon. But that's when she decided that she had enough. She would get out.

Her nurse walked into the room, numerous doses of medicine in her hands. The unique thing about Keira's sickness was that it didn't pass on. She was stuck with it and no one else would suffer.

Keira sat still as syringes pierced through her pale skin. That's when she saw it. One of the syringes was labeled as a sedation syringe. Most likely to make her fall asleep. In 2 quick moves, the nurse was on the floor, eyes fluttering as she succumbed to the Anesthetic.

That's when Keira ran. The vaccines had given her the nutrients her body needed every day. She was smaller and weaker than the average 15 year old, but had enough energy to run for a little. She ran out of the hospital, managing to lose the doctors that chased her. Soon she stopped, her head spinning, and her eyesight dimmed. She leaned against a pole in front of her best friend's house. She hadn't seen her since the last visiting day last month. She was pretty much her only family left since Keira's family had died a long time ago. Only problem was, they had a fight the last time she came over. Keira's friend hasn't talked to her ever since.

She knocked on the door, and was welcomed by Hira's face. She seemed mad at first, but softened once she saw Keira's condition.

"Help... I ran away from the hospital. I know you didn't want me to but I couldn't stay anymore," Keira croaked.

Hira stared at her, soon looking away, "Keira, I may not agree with what you just did, but there is no turning back. The hospital staff will scour the city for you, and will maybe even use harsher medications then what they use now, to make sure it doesn't happen again. Knowing you, you probably sedated one of the nurses, which I think counts as an assault. You're not safe in that hospital anymore, Keira. Come on. I know a place we can hide until we find a way to get your medications soon."

That's how they ended up inside a museum with 8 teens staring at them, wide eyed, dropping everything in their hands, which included: glasses, many school bags and text books, and a huge tin of chocolate chip cookies.