𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

7:50 am

The clock on your phone read, you rushed to the main building where your business meeting would take place. Your flats had began to rub on the back of your heel causing redness to appear.

"I knew I should have put a second alarm last night."

You muttered to yourself, as close as you were to the building you were met with someone colliding with your shoulder. Your bag and phone fell onto the wet and cold, gray concrete along with the stangers things. 

"Oh my god, i'm so sorry. I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings!"

"Tch."

You swiftly picked up the papers on the floor and handed them to the man. He was wearing a dark gray suit with nice dress shoes. His black hair was slicked back with gel and he had dull gray eyes. The feature that stood out the most on his face was his expression. You felt his glare burn a whole into the side of your head while you avoided eye contact. 

You grabbed the phones that lay still on the ground and noticed they were the same version, they happened to have the same black case as well. You handed him of the phones, observing the fact that you were the slightest bit taller than him.

"Once again, i'm so sorry. I'm late for a meeting, have a good day!"

Adjusting the bag in your arms, you rushed to the entrance of the twelve-story glass building ahead of you. Leaving behind a poker-faced male who stared in the direction you had left.

--

"Y/n will be showing us a new and improved modern way for the world to save electrical power and energy."

"Thank you Micheal."

You rose from the wooden chair you had been sitting on, fixing your navy blue skirt at the same time. 

"I've made a clear and precise presentation showing evidence as well quality ideas to support and give a visual for this topic."

You opened your bag and pulled out your phone, going to "files" and searching for the slideshow, panic began to take up your mind as you searched for the item in the app but was only met with a clear screen.

"Uh... please give me a moment. I seem to be having a bit of trouble looking for the presentation."

Your face grew hot from the embarrassment that flooded in. You closed out the app and opened the camera roll, photos of cleaning supplies and novels filled up the gallery.

What the hell?!

You searched through the phone's apps, coming to the quick conclusion that this phone was not yours.

Wait a second...

You thought about how you had bumped into that man an hour ago and how he had the same phone and case as your device.

Oh no, please this can't be happening.

"Is something wrong y/n? Where's the presentation?"

"I... I'm so sorry. I bumped into a man this morning while heading here and we must have accidentally switched phones when we picked them up. He has my phone and I have his. I'm very sorry, please forgive me."

Your coworkers around the table let out sighs, a few muttered words under their breaths and others rolled their eyes. 

"I see, don't worry about it. We'll reschedule the meeting for Friday."

Micheal gave you a pat on the back, you avoided eye contact when your coworkers stood up and left. 

"Once again Micheal, I'm so sorry. Everything was ready, I can't believe I let this act of clumsiness take over me."