𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

An uncomfortable silence filled the car as you spoke every now and then, pointing out to which street Levi should turn onto. Small drops of water fell from the sky and rolled down the sides of the glass windows. The silence continued to consume the two of you, a white elephant in the room that was ignored, before you broke it by asking a question.

"You have a really nice car."

"Thank you."

"What do you do for a living?"

"I'd prefer if we didn't continue this conversation but i'm a business man and i'm in charge of a couple of large agency's."

"Right, I see."

With that, you remained quiet once again. Levi pulled up in front of another large glass eight story building, turning his head to you.

"Is this the right place?"

"Yes thank you. My apartment is on the fifth floor."

"Alright, goodbye."

You undid your seatbelt, opening the car door only to be met by a gust of cold wind. You grabbed your bag and gave Levi a smile which caused him to furrow his eyebrows in an odd way.

"Once again, thank you! I hope to see you around sometime!"

Levi remained quiet as you shut the passenger door and gave him a final wave before heading into the tall building.

You pulled out your apartment keys and made your way to the elevator, pushing on the number five button and watching the doors close as the elevator began to go up. Exhausted from today's events, you unlocked the door to your apartment and shut it behind you. Setting your things down on the kitchen island and collapsing onto your soft, warm, welcoming bed in your room.

You soon fell victim to the comforting embrace of sleep, peacefully breathing, not bothering to switch your work clothes into something comfortable. 

--

The days soon passed by quickly, leaving you to head to the meeting room once again for your presentation. Only this time, you were ready. Aside from the itching feeling that something would go wrong, you stood up once more in front of your coworkers and pulled out your phone. 

"I thank you in advance for having the patience to come to this meeting again and I apologize for this week's earlier events. With that, shall we proceed with the slideshow?"

You smiled at your coworkers, earning a thumbs up from Micheal and a few soft smiles from others. You opened up the slideshow and connected your bluetooth to the projector. In a few seconds, the slides were on the wall for everyone to see. 

"As you can see, this year's energy and power percentage for the city has increased greatly. Luckily, I was able to think of an idea which will not only help lower that percentage but also increase the revenue for the business.

"Raising the cost of power and energy in homes gives residents the simple solution of turning off lights when they don't need to be used. Same goes with power. Therefore, people who don't care about the increase in cost of monthly power and energy will be giving their money to the business. The more people who show lack of care for energy and power that they pay the increase in cost, the more money we will be receiving."

You stayed quiet, observing the face's of your coworkers for any sign of disagreement.

"Any comments or questions?"

You quietly added, slowly fidgeting with your fingers.

"Well, I think this is quite a smart idea we should consider. Well done."