#21: Their end [01]

JEONGHAN | ONE HOUR AGO

After Hayoon was taken from my embrace and led to the nurse's office, I didn't forget to share a quick reassuring glance with my brother before he finally left the scene with them. I was almost going to catch up with the girls when I suddenly forgot one specific detail.

'I left all my good weapons to kill those b*tches way back at my classroom dammit.' I thought.

But I also almost forgot another big detail, lunch is already done and my teacher is definitely already teaching her subject there.

I was thinking about how to get my bag and run away... until my eyes, unfortunately, landed again on Ella's knife. I tried to brush the idea off my mind and think of another way. But it was my only choice for my risky plan to succeed and make everything that I'm going to do a little believable. I grabbed the knife from the ground and placed it against a random spot in my arm.

"This is my only choice... AH!" I winced in pain as I fell on my knees on the floor.

Without any time to waste, I slit that random spot in my arm that made me suffer silently. Thankfully, as I wanted, it started to bleed badly that made me feel the opposite emotion for this situation...

...Satisfied and happy with what I have done.

"Great, the teacher is there," I murmured after I hurried back outside my classroom. "Well then, I don't have any choice to act it all out."

"I hope slitting my arm will be worth it after all." I murmured again.

I quickly opened the door catching the other student's and the teacher's attention, mostly on my bleeding arm on display. I stood there with the most frightened face I can pull off and ran towards the teacher near the chalkboard. I leaned against her ear and proceeded to mumble a little quick 'message' from the other 'teachers'.

"Jeonghan are you okay-"

"Miss, the teachers just want to inform you that one of the students from the bottom level was severely bullied and needed your help. I think the other teachers are already huddled up by the clinic" I whispered, making the teacher shiver a little bit.

"My goodness- really?" She covered her mouth in shock and faced the other genuinely confused students later. "Students, I think I need to get going for a quick moment. I may request that your class president watches over you all while I just handle some important matters."

"And also miss, I also need to get going too. I already called my dad and he told me he's going to meet me by the bus stop." I informed her (which is clearly a lie).

"Sure, sure. You can go. But how about your wound? Why won't you stay by the clinic and let the nurses take care of it while you wait? Isn't the bus stop too far away for your state?" She asked out of pure concern.

"I'll be okay miss, but the teachers are already discussing what they are going to do. You need to go there pretty quick!" I exclaimed, still keeping it in a low tone.

She eventually scurried off and made her students in charge of the whole period. The class president of my class later approached me and asked me a couple of questions while I answered her with the 'it's not my position to tell you' excuse in repeat.

"Tell the teacher that I already took my leave, thanks." I smiled and left as normal as I could be.

"Take care Jeonghan! Keep yourself and your wound away from those killers!" She yelled, as her words slowly faded while I continued to walk away to end someone's life.

But actually thinking of it, how do I protect myself from my own self?

...