XI - Festival

Songs:
You Are Gold - The National Parks
Still Into You - Meadowlark
Dancing When I Die - Heather Janssen

~~~

I twirled in front of the mirror wearing my traditional, dark blue kimono. The skirt fluttered around my legs and I hummed in delight at the silky feeling.

The kimono had white and light pink cherry blossoms patterned from the left shoulder to the bottom right. The sash had been made smaller and tied looser to accommodate my swollen, six-month belly.

From the bedroom, Madara peeked into the bathroom and whistled. "Who's this gorgeous lady?" I giggled and twirled again for him to see. He clapped in delight, "Absolutely beautiful, Lea. Now me," He put his arms out and twirled gracefully, his blue kimono waving, and I snorted in laughter.

"Hmm, I think you're very handsome, sir!" He laughed and came to stand next to me.

"Are you ready to go now?" He asked.

"One more thing," I grabbed a flower and pinned it in my hair that was styled half up half down. "Done. Let's go!" I shouted and grabbed his arm, dragging him out of the house.

It was around four o'clock as we made our way into the festival that would last all night. Lights had been strung around the village and shops lined the streets. There were games and friendly competitions too.

There were hundreds of people milling about and I twined my hand with Madara's, not wanting to get lost. I spied a sweets shop and pulled Madara in that direction. After the small detour, we went further into the festival and sat to watch a thirty-minute play.

We ventured out and found a ball and hoop game. "I bet I can beat you." I grinned at Madara.

He grinned back, "Are you sure about that?"

"I guess we'll see then." We grabbed the balls and aimed, throwing one after another into the hoop. My first throw missed and I cursed under my breath. We were to our last tries and Madara hadn't missed any.

I grinned evilly as he aimed the last shot. Right as he threw it, I threw my ball to intercept his. His ball bounced off mine, pushing mine into the hoop instead. I laughed evilly as he shouted at me, "You're a cheater! That was a cheap trick, Lea! And cheap tricks are punishable by tickling!"

"No!" I screamed and tried to run away from him but he caught me and tickled my sides. I gasped for air between my laughter.

After several seconds, he released me. "I guess that was enough of a punishment. C'mon, tell the guy what prize you want."

My eyes sparkled at his words and I studied the prizes. "That one, please," I pointed to the giant stuffed bear. The man brought it to me and I cuddled it.

Madara gave me a funny look, "A stuffed animal? Really?"

I stuck my tongue out at him, "It's for the kids!"

"Yeah sure..." He muttered in retort. "Where to now?"

"Hmm... I'm hungry now so dinner maybe?"

"I like the way you think, dear," He grabbed my hand and we made our way around several streets until we stopped at a Yakitori stand.

We ordered and sat on a nearby bench, happily munching the meat. Madara had bought a glass of sake and I eyeballed it longingly.