𝗕𝘆𝗴𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘀

Unedited, feel free to point out mistakes..

Sorry that updates take forever recently. I'm just. . In a bad place I guess <3

Please comment and vote. It's one of the few things that makes me happy..

Penelope's POV

I watch them kiss. And I am aware that I'm not a part of this couple or whatever but I feel left out and lonely. No, I'm not trying to say I want them to kiss me, I'm just saying. . They're mad at me.

I should fix this. I mean, it is my fault.

"Baz," I call, and his lips leave Simon's. I'm a little surprised he actually didn't ignore me.

"Bunce?" He asks, and his voice may be sharp and his brows narrowed, but I know that he's willing to forgive me and let bygones be bygones. His eyes aren't cold, and that's all the encouragement I need.

"I'm- I'm really sorry, Baz." I manage to say.

"For what?" He asks, and I know he wants an actual answer. He wants me to say it again. That I thought he wouldn't care for Simon. I—I just. .

Baz's POV

"Okay," she chokes out, trembling a little. "I'm sorry for assuming that you were anything but loving towards Simon. It was unfair of me to judge you so harshly—"

I cut her off, "To judge me at all, Bunce. I chose to be your friend, not be judged by you. . . at all." I tell her, and I'm well aware I sound sharp, but I don't care. Being someone's friend does not mean you can make whatever assumptions you please, or shove anyone's flaws in their faces. No one deserves that. I don't deserve that. Maybe I should expect much from the rest of the world perhaps, but I deserve better from Penelope.

"He's right, Penny." Simon says quietly next to me, his head resting on my shoulder. He's still a little taken aback by the entire situation with the Mage, and his eyes are roped to Mummers House in the distance, even while speaking.

"Alright, you two make a good point," Penelope agrees. "It's just something I'm used to doing perhaps, and it might take time but I'll work on it. I'll stop assuming things about you, Baz. And again, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." She says. It sounds sincere. Even her eyes are earnest. But I don't like telling people I accept their apologies. Maybe it's just what I've been taught, being a Pitch, or maybe it's just me. . But I'm not giving her any satisfaction or ease until she treats me with decency. I don't care if I'm being difficult.

"Bazzy Boo?" Simon sighs, finally looking at me, prompting an answer.

"Yeah. it's alright, Bunce." I answer.

Penelope's POV

He took quite some time glaring at me. And it took Simon reminding him of his surroundings for me to hear a simple 'it's alright'. Either he really hates me, or he's got a lot on his mind. And he's still calling me by my last name. .

      Definitely the hate option, then.

Simon's POV

"Let's go, Bazzy. . ," I say, wanting to get away from everything. I just want to be in our room, alone. I want to forget that the Mage exists. And that homophobia is the fucking worst. I don't even understand why it exists. . I like Baz. What's the rest of the world's problem? Clearly I didn't choose to fall in love with my nemesis. It just happened, and I don't regret it.