𝗫𝗜𝗫.

Amelia knocks on the large wooden door with her suitcase in hand. She was half way to the airport before she suddenly gave the Uber driver different directions to West Hollywood.

The door swings open and the familiar voice gasps when they see her.

"Amelia!" The voice shouts in excitement.

They bring her into a tight embrace and she feels herself calm down slightly.

You see, this person was there for her in the background while she was going through the abuse and she felt like she couldn't talk to her family or her friends. And she would forever be grateful for the person she knows she could forever call best friend. No one really knows the two know each other, two different influencers from two different apps. Not even her family knew she knew the girl.

Liked By ADDISONRAE, EMMACHAMBERLAIN, and 5,375,387 OTHERS

AMELIARAE Hollywood was made specifically for her.

(👤) EMMACHAMBERLAIN

Comments have been disabled for this post

"So I've seen tik tok room... but what actually happened?" Emma questions Amelia cautiously as they stroll down a busy sidewalk with a coffee in hand.

Amelia frowns in thought and eventually shrugs her shoulders. "He kissed Mads, his ex girlfriend right before he came to my house I suppose."

"You know I gotta admit..." Emma hums into her coffee straw. "Jaden Hossler? Really?!"

At this they both burst out into laughter, but Amelia's face softens at the question. "He's not at all what the press and tik tok room make him out to be." She admits. "He's sweet and when I came back he just... took care of me. It was weird at first because I was like why is this random dude so protective but he said it was just an instinct..."

Emma pauses her footsteps and sends her friend a sympathetic glance. "I'm sorry Lia."

Shaking her head she waves her off. "No. Uh, no it's fine. I don't know what else I expected. I mean we rushed into things really fast."

"When it's real there's no such thing as rushing." Emma says before frantically shaking her head. "What the fuck am I saying?"

They both laughed before continuing their small walk for a few more hours, some of it in comfortable silence and the rest simply catching up with everything since the last time they had talked was right before she came back to L.A.

Later on that night Emma was knocked out by eleven and Amelia laid in the guest room with tears running down her cheeks as she thought over everything.

Was she not good enough?

She knew they weren't official, some part of her feels like she doesn't have a right to be mad because of it. She was the one who wasn't ready to make things official. Was it because she wasn't ready to have sex with the boy?

Yet, another part of her was so angry and disappointed. He slept in her bed almost every night, he posted pictures of them, he made sure no other boy had a chance with the girl, so who was he to go and kiss another girl before sleeping in her bed? Let alone his ex that he had said broke his heart.

She's brought out of her thoughts when he phone starts buzzing on the nightstand.

She sniffles and wipes her running nose with the sleeve of her pajama top before picking up the phone, her breath hitched.

Jaden Hossler is Calling...

[Accept] [Decline]

She hesitated for a moment before pressing a button and holding her breath.

[ACCEPT]

"Baby?" His voice rings out and she clenches her eyes shut attempting to stop the tears from falling.

He hears her sniffling and his heart clenches in guilt, regret, and self hatred for being the cause.

"I'm so sorry Princess." He pauses. "I- I know I messed up. I just want you to know I'll spend every day of the rest of my life making it up to you."

He hears a small hiccup and he wishes more than anything he could be the one with her right now drying her tears.

"I know you need some time. And if you never want to see me again that's okay. I just." He lets go of a shakey breath, tears threatening to fall as he stands out on the sway house porch alone in the middle of the night. "I just want you to know that I'll wait for you, if that's what you need I'll wait for you." He whispers.

Amelia shakes her head knowing he couldn't see her yet she didn't know if she'd ever be able to forgive him. She had been hurt before and he promised her he would never do the same. Yet, she couldn't find it in herself to say anything.

"You don't have to say anything Mel... Can we- can you just stay on the phone with me for a little bit? Even if it's in silence I just need to be near you in any way." He admits as he wipes a tear off of his face.

She nods her head knowing he would get the hint if she didn't hang up.

And that's how they both spent the rest of their night. Listening to the other's breathing as a way to lull them to sleep.

Emma walks into the guest room the next morning to see Amelia was still sleeping. As she walks towards her side of the bed to wake her up she notices her phone still on, on the nightstand and curiously peeks at it knowing her best friend wouldn't mind. When she sees the name Jaden Hossler her eyes widen before sending her friend a sad smile.

Instead of waking her she quietly exits the room knowing she had a long night beforehand.

What are your thoughts on this chapter?