Chapter 2: Best Friends and Jugs of Juice

Remember all them letters I told you that Ally, Camila and I sent to the school? Well, it seemed to work because we are all sharing!

As soon as I walk into my room, I am met with squeals and high fives from the girls. It probably would have been hugs too, but they notice the smoothie on my shirt and decide otherwise, not that I blame them.

"It worked, Y/N!" Ally grins and looks at Camila who is also grinning, then back at me. "It's just the three of us in this room!"

I laugh and nod in acknowledgement. "I see that, Ally!"

"This is going to be awesome," Camila says with excitement sparkling in her eyes. "It will be like the sleepovers we used to have, except this time, it's every night!"

I laugh at their excitement, yet I'm just as excited as them. I don't know what I would've done if I didn't get to room with them.

"So what's with the smoothie on your shirt?" Ally asks, pointing to my now damp, stained tee shirt. That's going to be hard to get out.

I sigh and run my hands through my hair as I remember the event that took place in the elevator. "It's a long story-"

"-that you will tell us later," Camila interrupts, giving me a knowing look. I can't get anything past these girls.

I nod and say, "So can I actually get settled in now or...?"

They blush in embarrassment as they realise they are keeping me, and I crack a smile and walk in the room properly, taking a good look around.

The dorm room is quite spacious. I have my own single bed seeing as the girls called dibs on the bunk bed - Camila on top and Ally on bottom. There's a mini fridge under the TV stocked with the girls' 'secret stash' as they like to call it, and a large closet beside the bunk bed.

I get settled in which consists of me changing my shirt and then unpacking my things, and then the girls explain to me that the bathroom is down the hall which I have to share with the other girls on our floor, but I don't mind because everything else is pretty much my own.

The girls also inform me that we are the only new students to join this year, seeing as it is the second year of high school. At least I can say I joined with my friends.

When we are all ready and settled in, we decide to watch a movie and have loads of snacks and drinks, to celebrate our first day here. So we do that, and end up watching Up. Ally, being the big softy she is, cries at the part where Ellie dies, so Camila and I have to comfort her whilst trying to stifle our laughs resulting in Ally hitting us multiple times; so the usual. Eventually, after a few more movies, we sort out our school bags for the following day, and then go to sleep.

***

The next morning is my first official day here.

I feel butterflies raging around in my stomach and they won't disappear as I get ready for my first class and try to find the classroom in one of the buildings. This is where the girls and I go our separate ways because unfortunately, we aren't in the same form room. It takes some time, but I eventually find it. Good thing I woke up early otherwise I would end up being late on the first day.

I look through the small glass window of the door of the classroom and see - I guess I should call them my classmates. They are all talking, not really paying attention. To be fair, it is form time so there isn't much to pay attention to. I open the door and no one looks, thankfully. I don't look at anyone either. The teacher is sat at the front desk reading a magazine. On the whiteboard behind him is his name scribbled in marker pen. It reads: Mr. Kent.