Chapter 17

Here it is guys. I hope you enjoy it. This chapter is dedicated to janniza1994 who got me to update. Let me know what you guys think and whether you enjoyed the chapter or not. Also comment youre favourite characters: Radiance, Noah, Scarlett, Cade, Kaiden, Benny, Cassandra, Liz, Brent, etc.

~~~~

Let’s just say that things were getting better here. Cade and I were getting along like we used to, Kaiden was being sweet and adorable, Alex and I spent some quality time together and my parents were still lost in their love for each other. Things were going great. 

Until they weren’t…

“Are you insane?” Kaiden was yelling at me from behind the counter. 

“Excuse me?” I yell back, surprised at his outburst. All I said was that I was going out for dinner with my family and Cade. Sheesh. It was something we always used to do when we were younger and my mother wanted us to restart the tradition because she missed it. I quietly admitted that I missed it too. 

“You cant go out to dinner with him! He wants you! He’ll molest you into getting back together with him!” He shouts as his hands slams against the granite of the kitchen counter and I swear I saw a dent mark. Great. 

“‘Molest me’? God, Kaiden what are you talking about! First of all that is so rude and inappropriate, honestly why would you even say such a thing! And second it is insulting to me thinking I would let him, if he ever did do that.” I pause, then add: “Which he wouldn’t.”

“Oh, come on, Scar! Look at him. He wants you and he would stoop to any levels to get you back. Seriously, how many times has he invited you to do things with him without me there to watch over you!”

“I do not need a watch dog, Kaiden! I am a grown woman who can look after myself.”

“I know you can, but I am you're fiancé! We should be spending time together, instead you've been spending all you're free time with that son of a bitch.” He exclaims and I instantly calm down.

“I’m sorry, I just—we were friends since we were little. Where Cade went I went, even if he didn't want me. Since I could walk I’ve been following my brother around because I knew he would always lead me to Cade. I’ve been gone for a while and now I’m back and I just wanted to remember what it felt like to be loved by him, even if it was only as a friend.”

“You still love him.” He doesn't say it as a question. Just states it. 

“No! At least not in the way I used to. Maybe now, the love he felt for me back then, a friends love, is the love I feel towards him now, and our roles are reversed. I don't love him the way I love you, but Cade and I used to be two peas in a pod and I guess my heart still craves his love. Do you want me to deny my heart?”

“What I want is for you to not need his love. For you to want and need my love. For you to crave it like a drug you're addicted to.”

“I cant do that. Cant promise you that I’ll never not need his love. Because Cade, always was and always will be a part of me.” And with that, he leaves the cabin and I look down, not wanting to see the look of distraught that I know is on his face.