Chapter 1: Luke

After two weeks of solving the Treasured case, Cole and I began writing our own adventures on our unused notebooks. 

We hoped that one day someone will find them. For now, we have solved two cases, including the cold case mystery of Tony Blair.

Now that we were the Dynamic Duo, Cole and I have lived through high school, crime, and friendship together.

 Everyday, we made top scores on exams, visit each other frequently, and make plans for college.

Cole's mother embraced being a devoted, single woman.

 She gets involved in a lot of things from Yoga classes and attending book club meetings.

Dennis is spending ten to twenty years in prison, while Cole's father and grandparents were spending five years in county jail.

 Cole spends time visiting her grandparents a lot, but she never visits her father, which I can't blame her.

People were starting to see us as heroes and good civilians while others see us as their competition.

 Our rivals were mostly the cops, the cool kids, and Madison.

But nonetheless, we didn't focus more on solving mysteries.

 We focused more on schoolwork like any other eleventh grader would be doing, reading Sherlock Holmes or the Hardy Boys.

Cole is convincing me to read Secrets Can Kill from the Nancy Drew category, but I was more focused on how the Scandal in Bohemia ends. 

However, I did promise her that I would read it if I had time.

On Saturday, I started doing some push-ups on my bedroom floor. More and more, I have been starting to gain some muscle build up.

 As I reached to thirty, someone knocked on my window. It was Cole, carrying two paperback books. I put my shirt back on and opened the window.

I took the paperbacks and set them on the bed while Cole entered my bedroom. She wore a white blouse and skinny jeans. Her hair had surprisingly grown a couple of inches.

Tucked in her pocket, was her IPhone with her Pretty Little Liars case wrapped firmly around it; She had very light brown skin and chocolate brown eyes. Her lips were light pink and her nose was small.

Her figure was a lot like an average ballerina's. Seth was right, she is pretty attractive. 

"Hey Luke," Cole said, holding up the books. They were both Nancy Drew. 

"Wanna get started?"

"You know I need to finish Sherlock Holmes," I reminded her. 

"We have already read the entire series," she said. 

"Especially the Hardy Boys. Can we please try and read something different?"

I took a deep breath then sighed.

  She does have a point, I thought. 

"Okay," I said. "Let's read Nancy Drew."

Cole smiled and took out the book then flipped to the beginning of the page. I did the same.

It has been awhile since we haven't solve any case. I knew it was getting to Cole. I can see a tiny vein on her forehead, she keeps biting her lips, and rocked unsteadily on the carpet as if she is a ship.

"Is there something bothering you?" I ask.

 Cole looked up at me then gave me a warm smile. 

"Nope," she lied. "Nothing wrong."