Chapter 1: California

California, the greatest and famous state,  attracts people's attention than studying or doing homework.

I hear that ninety percent of the population is based on actors, actresses, singers, dancers, and mostly, talented people.

California is like Los Angeles; only it is ten times as bigger than Saturn.

But other than seeing famous celebrities, Los Angeles is also the place where I have to go in order to support Dad getting married.

It is a huge pain for me, especially for my mom. Mainly, it is because she disliked her ex-groom and his soon-to-be bride, Stacy Cherry.

   But despite our deep hatred for them, we have to travel all the way to Los Angeles. Although deep down, we just want to meet the couple and our relatives, eat wedding cake, and get out of here.

The only greatest thing about coming to the wedding is Luke being there to support me. He decides to come to my house to help me with my dress choices.

"Remind me why your mom can't do this?" Luke asked, as he was sitting on my bed.

"Because," I said. "Mom is going to a Book Club meeting."

This was half true; while she was taking a Yoga Class, Mom met some a couple of friends there.

They got Mom addicted to this romance novel and invited her to their Book Club meeting.

The real reason why I don't like her fashion opinions, because her outfits reminded me of the bride of Frankenstein. 

As much as I hated lying to Luke about it, I hated my mother's eccentric sense of fashion, especially skirts and dresses in particular.

Before Mom went to the meeting, she piled dresses, skirts, and heels on my desk.

"I expect you to pick one outfit when I get back," says Mom, shaking her finger.

"No sneakers allowed."

One by one, I wore them in the bathroom and showed them to Luke.

As Luke sat patiently on the bed, I wore a yellow feathery dress with a matching headband. He stared as I twirled around in it.

"What do you think?" I exclaimed

"Should I call Seasame Street and tell them that I found Big Bird?" joked Luke.

"Ha ha," I said sarcastically.

I walked back into the bathroom and came out wearing a green satin dress.

"No," Luke admitted.

Groaning, I stomped back into the bathroom.

"Can you remind me again why I have to do this?" Luke asked.

"Because I am going to my dad's wedding," I answered,

"and I need to look less hideous."

"But why am I here?" Luke whined.

"Because I need your honest opinion." I answered.

"You do know that I am a guy, right?" Luke asked.

"Stop whining," I sighed. "And tell me how I look."

I slipped out of the bathroom wearing a gray dress, which goes down to the bottom of my knees, and showed it to Luke.

"Do I look ravishing?" I asked in a sweet voice.

"Did you get that from your mom's closet?" Luke retorted.