Chapter 6

"Good morning, sleepyheads," I hear Danny's voice drift into my mind as I struggle to stay asleep.

That is - until I hear him cock the Nerf gun.

I shoot straight up, pushing the hair out of my eyes to see him pointing the gun at me, with a watchful Gwen standing behind him.

"Get 'em," she winks.

Danny cackles as he fires the gun at my head and my shrieking jerks Caleb awake. Pellets hit his unsuspecting, tired face and lays back down, rolling over and burying his face in the carpet.

"It's too early, Danny!' Caleb moans into the floor.

"Get up, lovers! Mom and Dad will be here in an hour!" Danny hollers, and stops firing maliciously.

"Mom and Dad," I breathe, and suddenly I'm nervous all over again. Caleb notices my tenseness, and he sits up, rubbing my arm soothingly.

"It'll be okay," he says, smiling at me. When he takes his hand away, I notice the abscence of his touch tremendously.

"C'mon, Sleeping Beauty," Caleb muses as he stands up and offers his hand. I take it and he pulls me up with one strong arm.

"Thanks, Prince Charming," I wink. He just chuckles. When we come out of my room, a wall of the smell of pancakes and bacon hits us.

"That smells so good," Caleb says, sniffing in the delicious smells.

"Mhm," I agree, nodding and walking down the hallway to the kitchen. Caleb follows behind me and I feel his hand take mine, lacing our fingers together. A smile blossoms on my face.

"Finally!" I hear Danny say exasperatedly from his seat at the kitchen table. "Gwen wouldn't let me eat anything until you two got up here." He narrows his eyes at her as she brings over another batch of pancakes.

"They're here now, so eat," she says, gesturing to the fresh, hot pancakes. Danny immediately digs in, stabbing three pancakes before dousing them in syrup and whipped cream.

"Caleb," Gwen says sharply. His head snaps to her direction. "Can I talk to you for a minute?" she motions towards the patio doors that lead to the deck from the kitchen.

"Yeah, sure," he says. I give him a small questioning look, but he smiles at me in assurance before releasing my hand and following Gwen outside. I watch him until he slides the door closed behind him.

"Aren't you gonna eat?" Danny asks with his mouth stuffed full of pancake.

"Yeah, I'm starving," I smile and sit down across from him, taking a pancake from the stack.

*****************************************************************************

So I was informed that my last chapter was the same as the chapter before (oops!) so I finished this short chapter and posted it in place of the last chapter. 

The next chapter will be shorter as well and will be in Caleb's point of view.

Until next upload, have a good day! :-)