9) Tyler's soft side

"What. Have. You. Done?"
His voice, stiff and icy.
His eyes, murderous and dangerous.

I quickly cowered away from the fuming man. He seemed about ready to breathe hell's flames down on me from his standing position.
He was angry.
Furious.
Super pissed.

"I didn't mean to," I murmured trying to crawl away from him, but he only kept walking closer to me. He didn't care whether I was hurt.
He didn't mind the blood running down my hand and dripping from my fingers.
None of that mattered as the damage I had done to his precious table.

"You didn't mean to?" Harry scoffed casting the most terrifying scowl towards my frightened self.
I could almost feel his rage materialize in the air between us. I had never seen him look so irritated in all the months of living with him.
"Come he-" He bent over and gripped my upper arm before tugging upward without a shred of mercy.

The blood dripping from my cuts stained his naked skin in the process, leaving drops of crimson existence on him.

Seeing the mess that I had unintentionally made, my brain forgot to send signals to my system on how to breathe.
My eyes kept growing, fear leaking from them as I stared up at the man still grasping my arm painfully.

I squeezed shut my eyes, awaiting a cruel fate, a slap, a harsh thrust on the broken table, but none of it came.

"Let her go."
This voice.
It was gentle. Calm. Collected.
It was the voice of my savior.

There was a second hand on my arm. But it wasn't as forceful as Harry's. It was drawing me away from Harry instead, saving me from his wrath.

"Nadine, are you okay?" Tyler enquired softly.

My eyes opened naturally, taking in the sight of a shirtless Tyler standing between me and Harry. A white towel hung from his neck, reminding me of what I had done to him some minutes ago.
How had I managed to offend two brothers in less than twenty minutes?

Tyler completely peeled Harry's hand from my arm, helping me reclaim a part of myself that was more than the physical aspect of it.
He lifted it to inspect the cuts, and then turned around to face his younger brother.

"Are you out of your mind?"

"What does she get to do with you?"

"She's supposed to be your responsibility!" Tyler barked angrily, scaring me to some degree.

"I never wanted her!" Harry bellowed.

"Stand down!" Tyler suddenly ordered. Like a wave, the instruction hit me. The intensity shook my insides. The urge to kneel overpowered my senses.
I didn't know why my body was reacting that way. But I just couldn't fight the pressure oppressing my will.

I crumbled on the floor and fell on my knees.

"Nadine?" Tyler called, shock staining his tone.

I lifted my head, eyes teary.
"I...I can't stand."

"Let her keep kneeling dammit!" Harry yelled from the background.

His tone. His attitude. They disgusted me so much. But I had to stomach everything for the sake of my family.

"Come here," Tyler whispered, his arms picking me off of the floor bridal style. My head naturally rested on his warm shoulder. I could hear the beating of his heart which was more comforting than any sound I had ever heard.
"You'll be fine. I'll take you away from here."

The assurance his words carried made my heart relax. Had he finally realized how miserable my life was? Would he protect me from then on?

I wanted to sink into his body and allow myself to feel free.
The warmth of his body against mine eroded my pain and worries. He felt...safe.