chapter 304

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Jeremy froze upon seeing this. Victoria, whose heart had just calmed down, but was now speeding up again.

The painting depicted Elsa as an angel, evident from her distinct green eyes.

Elsa, the woman in the painting, was seated on a white cloud, with long white wings clearly visible on her back. She appeared to be playing a golden harp. Dressed in a white dress resembling a Greek goddess, she had long brown hair and a halo atop her head.

The auctioneer said, “This one is the latest muse of Gabrielle Serrurier. As you can see, she is an angel. And you don’t mess with an angel.” The crowd chuckled at that along with him. “We’ll start the bidding at 300,000.”

That was the highest amount the auctioneer had used to start a bid.

Jeremy was about to ask the auctioneer how this painting came to be when someone in the crowd started bidding. “500,000!”

When Jeremy heard that, he knew he immediately had to get the painting.

“700,000!” he shouted, raising his bid paddle.

Victoria remembered hearing Gabrielle tell Elsa years ago that he would make her his muse. This could be a painting he did when Elsa was still alive. She found that explanation reasonable. More reasonable than the thought she was still alive.

When she heard Jeremy bidding, she immediately stopped him. “Jeremy, I have changed my mind. I don’t need to buy the painting anymore.”

But Jeremy didn’t listen because now he wasn't bidding for Victoria; he was bidding for himself.

So when someone else yelled, “800,000,” Jeremy immediately went to a million.

“One million!” he yelled.

Victoria turned to Jeremy in anger. He was obviously still concerned about Elsa. Why else would he be interested in bidding on her painting? He even took the bidding to a million?

This was unacceptable.

Victoria was just about to voice this when a familiar voice said, “Two million!”

They both turned and saw Lui seated in front of them.

Lui smiled at Jeremy and said to the auctioneer, “It’s the painting of a girl I once knew. I have to buy it.”

This was the first time Jeremy had seen Lui in two years. The last time he saw him was during Elsa’s last trial. Not that he cared about his whereabouts anyway.

When Jeremy heard that, he said, “It’s a painting of my wife, and I’m getting it.”

Hearing those words from Jeremy’s lips, Victoria could not believe it. How could he refer to that woman as his wife? She had just called herself Jeremy’s wife, and here he was claiming someone else, a dead person.

“Four million!” Jeremy announced.

Lui chuckled and then raised his bid paddle, “Five million!”

Jeremy got annoyed and raised his bid paddle, “Six million!”

“Seven million!” Lui said immediately after.

“Eight million!”Jeremy said to the auctioneer.

“Nine million!” Lui said with a smirk.

Only for Jeremy to narrow his eyes at him in anger before standing up from his chair, he then declared, “One hundred million!”

Victoria dropped her glass of wine, causing it to crash on the floor and break. Shocked gasps were heard all over the room. Who buys a painting for a hundred million?

Has Mr. Callahan lost his mind?

The moment the auctioneer said “sold,” Jeremy jumped to the stage and signed what he needed to. He then picked up the painting with trembling hands.

Even Gabrielle Serrurier, who was coming to the stage, was shocked at Jeremy paying that amount of money for his painting.

It seemed like when Jeremy and Lui went back and forth for his painting, one of them always wins by raising the amount too high for anyone else to reach. Because this was the second time this had happened.

Jeremy immediately approached him, “When did you make this painting?”

Gabrielle was taken aback by such a question but answered anyway, “I started this painting a year and a half ago.”

A year and a half? Elsa died two years ago.

“Did you use a picture of this woman to paint?”

Gabrielle shook his head, “No, I made the painting with a real-life muse. She posed for me, and I made the painting.”

How was that possible? Jeremy was about to ask this, only for more of Gabrielle Serrurier’s fans to surround him, making it impossible for him to have a moment.

In the room Gabrielle came from, Elsa was standing at the door, staring at Jeremy.

Lui got up from his chair and walked over to Elsa. He then whispered in her ear before looking at Jeremy, who was staring at the painting once more, “Is this the reaction you wanted?”

Elsa smirked. “It is. It showed me that this plan will work!”

“Now what?”

“Now, my dearest Lui... Elsa Halverson resurrects from the dead.”