Chapter 12: TKO

After another lengthy goodbye, Elijah snuck out of my room, and the house hopefully undetected. He woke up extremely early, said he loved me, and that he'd see me at the church. He also told me to keep our honeymoon plans to myself, which is understandable. We're going to his house that also plays as his hideout.

Huh?

Anyway, as soon as he left, I slumped back into the bed, getting comfortable. All my worries were for nothing. Elijah was fine and we'll be married later on today.

The only problem I had was that he left me to deal with Charlotte. Elijah may have left undetected, but he took Brutus with him, explaining that we'd have to come back out to Staten Island to get him after the wedding and it didn't make sense to leave him here when Elijah was going back to Brooklyn. He needed to drop Brutus off.

Maybe Charlotte won't notice that the dog is gone?

Oh well.

I managed to fall back asleep and was awakened by Nanny and Charlotte, and by awakened, I mean Charlotte jumped on top of me to scream "You're getting married today!" excitedly in my ear.

There was no falling back to sleep after that.

However, no one said shit about the dog that seemed to have disappeared.

I showered, put on the "Mrs. Masen" tracksuit Charlotte surprised me with, and then the three of us went to get our hair and make-up done. I had a slight argument with the hair stylist. She had a vision after Charlotte told her what the dress looked like. She wanted to give me a ring of curls on the top of my head, and I had to decline. Elijah loves my hair down. I thought it only right to leave it down for him.

I was to have a part to the side, and long ringlets of curls that draped over my shoulder.

To make it stay that way, Charlotte attacked me with the hairspray, to further destroy what's left of the ozone layer while I had my make-up applied. I couldn't wait to see what I looked like. They had my chair turned around-for the element of surprise.

Charlotte looked gorgeous. She had her hair put up with curls laying every which way and her make-up was flawless. The same with Nanny, although she had a short afro-type style to her short curly hair.

She finished the bottle of hairspray right here in the salon.

"You're just about finished." The stylist Janine smiled down at me. "Close your eyes." I did, feeling her lightly trail the brush along both my eyelids.

Charlotte squealed. "You look so good."

"Gorgeous." I think it was Nanny who patted my shoulder. I smiled, still keeping my eyes closed.

"You're all set." Janine sighed, stepping back as I opened my eyes. She also turned my chair around and I sadly didn't recognize the woman in the mirror. It made me smile, staring at my features that were quickly brought out by the right make-up. I was wearing foundation, blush, bronzer, and it looked natural. Janine also got my neck and breasts with the bronzer too, to make sure all of me was the same color.

I had color.

Me.

My eyes had dark liner, and a plum shadow to my eyelids with matching lipstick.

The lipstick was a lighter shade, but-wow. I really did look gorgeous.

"Wow." I said, turning my head to the side.

"I know, right?" Charlotte smiled. "Come on...we have to get you in that dress, and to the church." She grabbed my hand.

I blew out a nervous breath. "Yup." I agreed.