Chapter 11: Decision/Draw

All of my questions went unanswered. Elijah refused to answer any of them. All I knew was that I was to pack up the house. He came home Tuesday with a shit load of moving boxes and told me to start packing. Mind you, I have no idea where we are moving, what this house looks like...or anything.

It was starting to grate on my nerves, especially when the good news I had to tell him went ignored.

The good news was I fit into Nanny's old wedding gown, and I absolutely loved it. It was classy, still white and flawless. The beadwork and embroidery design on the A-line silhouette was impeccable. The train was days long, and the pearls and crystals made the gown shine. It's strapless and even though Nanny was married in 1955, the gown was ageless.

Nanny also spoke to the priest at the local church, who said they had an opening on Thursday, which is this week, well six days away. I did manage to tell Elijah that. He shrugged his shoulders. Just shrugged his shoulders and said I'll be there.

Nanny also said that she spoke to Marcus and although his restaurant is far away from the church, they both thought it a brilliant idea to use La Bella Italia'ssmall banquet hall for the reception.

At Elijah's insistence, we're still keeping this small. I think the only people that are attending that are NOT members of our immediate family are Elijah's friends; Aro, Alec, and Felix. Oh, and some lady named Heidi that works at Scarlet.

I did finally call my parents. My mom was upset with me. I knew she would be. She wondered why I didn't feel the need to bring Elijah around before deciding to marry him. She said a lot of things, and my response was to just flat out ask her. "Are you and Dad coming or not?" She didn't sound happy, and then she put my father on the phone. He wasn't mean. He was vague, mumbled "congratulations", and said he and mom will be there.

That was all great I guess, except that I really wanted Evan to walk me down the aisle.

I tried to talk to Elijah about it and he said that if I wanted Evan, then I should just have Evan do it. Yet, to me, it's not that simple.

So, my father will be walking me down the aisle. I'm not happy about it, but I didn't want to put more of a strain on our relationship. I'm sure my father expects to walk me down the aisle, right?

Leah agreed to be my maid of honor. I wanted Alicia, but Leah is my best friend, and I am hers. Carlisle is to be Elijah's best man, and I told Leah to stay the fuck away from Carlisle.

That's it.

Everything is simple.

No invitations needed to be sent out, no bridesmaids dresses needed to be picked out-I told Leah to wear what she felt appropriate.

The wedding itself is the least of my worries...

When Carlisle was over here last night, I heard him talking to Elijah, and since Elijah has been so secretive, I eavesdropped, like a spy. Carlisle wondered if they should go to Vegas, and Elijah said no. He doesn't want a bachelor weekend. He's seen enough tits-which is fine by me-but here's the kicker. Elijah has a job lined up.

And he asked Carlisle to keep an eye on me.

Because, get this-Elijah has to leave town.

But it's only for four days.

Only four days and we get married in six.

Elijah is taking Dylan and that guy Aro with him, and I think I heard something about them driving down to South Carolina.

Okay, so Elijah has to work, make his quick money or whatever the fuck Carlisle was trying to talk him out of, but he didn't have to lie.

Elijah sat me down last night to tell me that he was having his bachelor weekend this weekend, but he wouldn't be home till Tuesday.