It was pouring outside

Quite heavily.

Rain was not a surprise in the winter. Zahra had loved the rain. She hated the lightning and thunder but she loved the rain.

Loved.

She loved the rain. Not anymore though.

The rain took the most precious thing from her. The thing she loved with all her heart. The thing that was most dear to her.

Saad.

Her Saad. Her loving, caring Saad who used to crack jokes with her, in the middle of the night, keeping her up. Who would always surprise her with flowers and chocolates if she was having a bad day. Who would always kiss her on her lips before he left for work.

Unknowingly, tears leaked from her grey colored eyes.

"Mama," a soft voice rang out in the room. Before she knew it, little hands were wiping the tears from her face. "I love you, mama." The little voice once again said. Zahra looked at her four year old daughter. She had the same grey eyes as her mother. Something her father loved.

"I love you too, Zavira." She said and hugged her daughter to her chest.

Zahra and Saad had made a deal. If they were to have a boy, the babies name would start with a 'S', but if they were to have a girl, the babies name would start with a 'Z'. She smiled at the memory as she stared down at her baby girl.

"Mama, when is baba coming home?" Zavira innocently asked. How would you tell your four year old daughter, who loved her baba, that he had died in a car accident? Zahra stared at her daughter for a few seconds, her face getting blurry as more tears leaked from her eyes.

"Zavira," a deep voice rang out in the room and Zahra tensed up. She wiped the tears from her face before placing the dupatta on her head. She looked up to meet dark brown eyes that belonged to her eldest brother in law, before looking away.

"Chachoo," Zavira happily screamed before rushing into his arms. Although Fahad was Zavira's Taya, she called him Chachoo. Haniya, who was the daughter of Saads and Fahads cousin, called them Chachoo to which Zavira also picked up that habit.

"Aao, hum sab ice cream khanay jah ray hai," he said to her, still her in her his arms.

(Come, we are going to eat ice cream)

"Hani bi?" Zavira asked. Haniya and Zavira were born around the same time and were best friends. They always did everything together. Ranging from going to school to even shopping together. They wanted the same thing but just on different colors. They even had a set rule. Zavira would always buy something pink and Haniya would always buy the same thing but in purple.

(Hani too?)

"Yes, Hani bi." He assured his niece. She once again squealed and hugged her uncle.

(Yes, Hani too)

Zahra felt another rush to her tears. Her daughter would never get a fathers love. She heard the door close gently behind and she let out a sob at her faith.

"Zahra." The voice of her mother in law rang out in the room. Zahra looked at her, her eyes were red just as Zahra's. "Beta, Muhje tumse kuch baat karni hai." Her mother in law said and sat down next to her on the bed, holding her hand.

(I need to talk to about something)

"Dehko, Saad kay accident ko panch mahine hogaye hai." She hesitantly said. "Aur tumhari iddat bi katam hogaye hai." Saima let out a breath before continuing. "Zavira ko ek baap ka sahara chaye hai. To hum soch rahay thay kay....tumharee Aur Fahad ki..." she continued on. But Zahra already knew what she was going to say.

(Look, it had been 5 months since Saads accident. And your waiting period is also over. Zavira needs a father figure in her life as well. So we were thinking that you and Fahad...)

Not too long ago, she had over heard her mother and father in law talking about this and she had gave it a lot of thought.

Her mother in law was right. Zavira would want a father figure in her life and there was no one better that would treat her like Fahad would. The both of them had a close bond, similar to the one of Zaviras and Saads.

She was willing to sacrifice anything for her daughters happiness.

•••• ••• ••••

Congratulations rang out in the room from every direction. Everyone was happy for the newly wedded. No one accept the groom noticed his wife's tears that ran down her face. Fahad clenched his jaw and looked away from Zahra, not being able to look at her.

His two brothers, Ali and Raza came up to him and gave him a hug, which he returned. His mother then came towards him and held his face in her hands, her eyes full of tears. Fahad gave her a sad smile and hugged her.

The Nikkah was held in a simple manner. Nothing too extravagant. It had been both Zahra's and Fahad's wish to not have something too fancy.

It had been three weeks since Zahra's mother in law asked her to marry Fahad. It took some convincing from Fahads side before he agreed, for the sake of his niece.

"Congratulations, Bhabi." Sana, Fahads sister squealed and gave her a hug. Zahra gave her a forced smile in return and watched as Sana went to annoy her elder brother, who was standing beside them.

Zahra looked up as she felt a shadow loom over her. It was Fiza, her husbands cousin, who had a bitter smile plastered on her face.

"Waah, yeh toh do dafa bani hai tumhari Bhabi," she taunted, an evil smile plastered on her face.

(Wow, she became your sister in law twice)

Zahra looked away and hung her head in shame.

"Fiza," Raza snarled, ready to pounce on his cousin. "Meh tumhara lehhaz kar ra ho qukay tum Larki ho. Par apnay aukat me raho." Fiza huffed at them before storming off.

(The only reason stopping me is the fact your a girl. Stay in your limits)

After eating dinner, everyone resided in their rooms. It felt weird for Zahra to be in Fahads room and not Saads. Her whole closet had even been set up in less then a day. She sighed before getting up to change. 
Her heart had been thudding in her chest and her palms had started to get clammy. She let out a deep breath before walking out in the room.

As soon as she entered, she noticed that Zavira was sitting on the bed with Fahad and the both of them were watching something on Fahads phone. Zahra relaxed as she saw Zavira.

"Mama? Aap yaha kiya kar rahi hain?" Zavira questioned innocently.

(What are you doing here)

"Woh....m-mai," she started stuttering. What was she supposed to reply with.

(Umm...i...)

"Mama aj humare sath soy gi." Fahad said, saving her the embarrassment.

(Mama will sleep with us today)

Zavira nodded and she payed back down and patted the space next to her. Zahra let out a shaky breath before laying next to her. Fahad turned off the lights and all three of them went to sleep.

•••• ••• ••••

Here's the first chapter!

Remember to vote and comment!

ALSO THANK YOU FOR 100k READS. ILY GUYS