Ayat's eyes glanced back at the clock for the 7th time this hour. She was dreading the hour when Zaryab would come back. It's not that she didn't like him or whatever, but she was still afraid of him. He was very scary. Even when she was younger and would come to meet Eshal.

Zaryab would always pass emotionless glances at Ayat, which was something she would always complain about to Eshal. Eshal would just smile and shake her head at her best friend.

"Bar bar koi dehk rahi ho?" Eshal questioned. Ayat sighed and shook her head. Eshal rose an eyebrow in question but Ayat ignored her attempts.

(Why do you keep looking?)

"Whatever." Murmured Eshal. "Dehko, yeh kitna piyara, hai na?" Ayat's gaze wandered to the bridal dress Eshal was showing her and her eyes widened. She had never seen a dress that gorgeous in her life.
"Pasand aya?" Questioned Eshal, a smirk on her face. Even after all these years, she knew exactly what her best friend liked.

(Look, isn't it pretty; do you like it)

Ayat nodded her head vigorously, and pulled the magazine out of her hand.

The dress was different from the color you'd typically see brides wear. It was a gorgeous sage green colored dress with golden silverish embroidery all over. It'd be the perfect dress for a walima.

(Reception)

"Pata hai, yehi sabse acha dress hai, Baki saray tou fazool hai. Ugh, why is dress shopping so hard." Eshal whined and threw her head back.

(This is the only good dress, all the others are ugly)

Now that Ayat was back in her life, Eshal decided that Ayat would help her pick out a dress for her wedding. Her fiancé told her that he already picked out a dress for their walima she just needed one for the barat. Her Mendhi dress was already chosen and the designers were working on it now.

Ayat jumped as Eshal lept up from the couch. "I have an idea! Why don't we go in store and decide. I'll also tell Asghar to tag along, that way you can catch up with him after all this time!" Eshal rambled on. Ayat laughed at her enthusiasm and nodded her head, agreeing with her. The rest of the afternoon was spent by the both of them just catching up. After a long time, there was a genuine smile on Ayat's face and genuine laughs would leave her throat. She felt happy.

Ayat sighed and tried to calm her stupid heart down. 'He won't eat you up' the voice in her mind told her. After taking a deep breath, she knocked on Zaryabs door.

"Come in."

Ayat opened the door to see the stoic man behind his desk, typing away on his laptop. He looked up to see the Angel standing in front of him. His heart was thumping out his chest.

"Have a seat," he motioned towards the chairs in front of the desk and Ayat followed. "I called you here to discuss what happened, Ayat." Her name that fell from his lips sent shivers down her spine. God, she was acting like a school girl. Ayat looked down at her hands that were red from gripping her kameez.

Zaryab followed her gaze, before standing up from his chair and waking front of him. He was still in the same clothes he'd left in the morning, not bothering to change. There was too much on his mind. He stood right in front of her and crouched down in front of her.

Ayats heart was not beating out of her chest. Could he hear how loud it was thumping? He let out a shaky breath as his hands came forward and grabbed hers, before pulling them apart. She hadn't realized how hard her hands were clenching her kameez and how her knuckles were white.

"Relax," he sweetly murmured to her. He smoothed out her clammy hands and looked at her again. She was avoiding his gaze. Zaryab gently grabbed her chin and made her meet his eyes. A soft gasp left Ayat's lips at his actions. "If you don't feel comfortable to talk, I won't force you to, Ayat." She loved the way her name fell out his lips. With such gentleness she hadn't experienced in a long time.

It reminded her of her father whom she so dearly loved. Tears sprung to her eyes and they fell down continuously. Zaryab softly brushed them away before he pulled her in his arms. Ayat sobbed her heart out like she had done the previous night with Eshal. Expect this time, it was because of her family. Her family who she'd never see again. Her family buried 6 feet underground.

Zaryab swallowed harshly as her sobs reached his ears. It was not his intention to make the fragile girl cry. But he held her tightly in his arms as she let everything out and gently rubbed her back, letting her know he was there. "It'll all be okay." He whispered.

She pulled away from his arms and looked him in the eye. "Will it though?" She questioned. Zaryabs heart broke an inch further looking at her broken, hopeless eyes. "I know he's planning something big. He'd never let me go this easily." she added. "He'll make my life hell."

Zaryab sighed before standing up. He walked around his desk and opened the first drawer, pulling out a newspaper. Ayat watched each one of his movements thoroughly.

Zaryab thought over his decision once more. 'It'll break everything in her' he thought to himself. But she deserved to know. He walked around the desk and crouched in front of her again, handing her the newspaper. Ayat looked at him questionably before looking down at what was in her hands.

Her eyes widened at the headline. IS OMAR AZIZ EXPECTING A CHILD? An Anonymous email was sent today, containing photos of married Omar Aziz holding hands with a woman who's not his wife, walking out of the countries finest gynecology center. In the image you can see the unknown woman holding her baby bump, as the two wal-.

Ayat could read anymore and threw the newspaper away. The woman in the photo was the one who was present when she was kicked out.

However Ayat felt nothing. Nothing at all. No sadness. No heartbreak.

"Everyone's questioning you Ayat. We live in such society where they're blaming you for his sins."

"So what do I do?!" She yelled as tears fell. "What do I do?" Zaryab stares at her in shock, not expecting her to yell that loud at him. "Why don't they realize he's the one abusing me. He's the one cheating. He's the one sinning. Not me. It was never me."

Zaryab walked towards her and grabbed her face in his hands. "Marry me." He whispered.

•••• ••• ••••

Hey guys. IM BACK.

I'm so sorry for being MIA totally my fault. My dms and comments were flooded from extremely sweet messages from you guys.

Yes I'm alive and I'm ok

I've previously stated that I just have a lot going on and hardly find time to write and have EXTREME writers block IT SUCKS.

iA I'm going to try to write as much as I can and at least update once every week or two. Life's just been super shitty.

Please vote and comment!!! What do you think will happen next? Should Ayat say yes or refuse?

Until next time bye!!!