Chapter 24

I pulled up to the curb and honked my horn letting Sam know I was here. I looked at my phone 7:01, technically I am late but I mean a minute doesn't really count does it?

Sam walked out the door locking it behind her, she was wearing basic black old school vans, denim jean shorts and an open black and red checkered flannel with a black Calvin Klein bra on underneath.

Damn.

This girl was something else.

"Hey" she said in a breathy tone. "Hey" I replied with a smile. "You look good tonight" I added driving to Kasey's house, it was only about 5 minutes away from Sams place.
"Thanks, you don't look to bad yourself" she said fixing the hood on my jacket.

(Karin was wearing this)

I smiled at her and turned the radio on

I smiled at her and turned the radio on. It was at a low volume, just for some background noise so the car wasn't silent. Within a few minutes we were here.

I turned the corner and the street was lined with cars. I pulled up outside the house. "I'll meet you inside, I need to park at the bottom of the street" I said motioning towards the house.

"Ok don't be too long" Sam replies getting out of the car and walking up the driveway. I went to the bottom of the street and parked my car before locking it and walking to Kasey's house.

I walked in and the place was swarming with already drunk teenagers. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a can of beer out of the fridge.

I was only having one or two since I was driving home. Plus I'm not the type to excessively drink until I can't walk or stand.

I was leaning against the kitchen counter scanning the surrounding rooms for Sam. I couldn't find her anywhere. She wasn't in the living room or kitchen so I decided to check the bathroom and she wasn't there either.

I walked about for 15 minutes before returning to the kitchen. Then it hit me I didn't check the back yard. Kasey had a fire lit with a bunch of garden furniture and deck chairs surrounding it.

I walked through the sliding door closing it behind me. Only a few people were out here it seemed more of a private area than the rest of the house.

Kasey and a few of her friends were here. "Hey you haven't seen Sam anywhere have you" I asked her hopefully.

"Yeah she was talking to Jess in the basement like 10 minutes ago" she replied. "Thanks" I nodded and headed back inside. Jess, this couldn't be a good thing.

I made my way down the stairs of the basement, it was a bunch of guys from the basketball and football team with their girlfriends playing pool or beer pong.

I look around and my entire body froze to the spot. Jess and Sam were making out on one of the sofas in the corner. A feeling of sadness and anger rushed through my body.