Chapter 18

I woke up and tried to reach over to get my phone from the bedside table but I couldn't. Turns out Sams arms were wrapped around my waist and her legs were tangled with mine. Not going to lie I felt safe and comfortable with her, which is weird I wasn't like that with anyone.

I sat for a few minutes and was able to get my phone because she shifted in her sleep freeing me from her grasp leaving one of her arms draped over my bare stomach.

I picked up my phone and checked the time. It was 9:47am, shit! We were late for school. I didn't want to be the reason Sam was late so I gently shook her until she woke up. "Hey sleepy head it's time to get up, we're already late for school" I whispered.

"Can't we just skip" she mumbled back with her eyes still shut closed. "Well if your ok with that so am I, but we've gotta leave here at about 3:30 home opener kicks off at 5 and I can't be late" I informed her.

"You got it" she mumbled pulling me close for the second time. She definitely knows what she's doing by this point, she can't blame it on sleep this time around.

I placed my phone under the pillow and closed my eyes again. No harm in getting another hour or so under my belt, plus I do have a game later so a bit of extra sleep should do me just fine.

I woke up for the second time today and Sams back was facing me, she must've got uncomfortable and turned over. I slowly got up out of bed, careful not to wake Sam up and placed the covers back to the way they were.

I walked down to the kitchen and rummaged the cupboards and fridge of what little food was left. A box of ready made pancake mix that needed some water mixed into it was in the far corner. That should do the two of us.

I poured the mix into a bowl and added a few cups of water until it looked the right consistency. I turned the pan on and added some butter to melt at a low temperature. When the pan was ready I poured some mix into it and began cooking.

We had some speakers put up in the kitchen for whenever it was spring break and we had family gatherings. I connected to them and played the music on a low volume so the house wasn't silent.

I played some Liam Gallagher songs one of the ones I enjoyed was Paper Crown. It just had a good beat and was catchy. I played it and was flipping pancakes like there was no tomorrow, singing along every verse or two.

(Paper Crown by Liam Gallagher)

"Nice moves" Sam laughed. "Hey I can dance girl what you on about" I chuckled. I put the pan down and got some plates out putting the ready made food out on them.

"Some breakfast for you" I said grabbing the bottle of syrup for the cupboard. "Thanks" she smiled. "Jess would never make me breakfast" she mumbled. "Well Jess sucks that's why" I joked. "Yeah your right" she laughed.

"After this wanna hang out back, the pool should be clean we haven't used it recently and the covers on it" I suggested. "How about the beach" she questioned me.

I thought about it, it is a nice warm day and I could do with a bit more tan. "I'll take you up on that offer" I said. We finished up breakfast and went to get ready for the beach.

I wore a black Calvin Klein sports bra and white Calvin Klein swim shorts. I let Sam pick from a few bikinis that I've never wore, she ended up picking an all black two piece.

Once we were ready we took the short walk that was only a few minutes long down to the beach. We picked a spot and sat down. "I'm gonna just lay in the sun for a bit you can join if you want" I said pulling my sunglasses over my eyes. "Yeah I suppose I'll join you" she replied sitting down beside me.

I lay back with my arms behind my head letting my skin embrace the hot sun. I think I dozed off for a bit because I woke up and it was 2:15pm, thank god I didn't wake up any later.

I gather my things and my phone dings. It was a text from Sam.

Sam
I left early to make you a pre-match meal. I'm back at the house don't be long :)

I got up and walked back to the house. As soon as I walk in the door a smell of food hits my nose. I guess she wasn't lying. I set my phone and keys on the counter and walk over to the table. I peek through to the kitchen and see Sam still cooking, I get up and lean against the doorframe with my arms folded taking in the sight before me.

"I didn't know you came in" Sams voice startled me. "Yeah few minutes ago" I replied. "I mustn't have heard you" she smiled. "So what's cookin good lookin" I chuckled. She rolled her eyes and laughed at my comment.

"Some chicken and mac n cheese, I hope that's ok" she said. "Perfect" I hummed. I love Mac n cheese! She brings both of our plates to the table and we eat mostly in silence because the foods too good to stop eating to talk. Yeah That's how good it is.

"Thanks Sam that was great" I say sitting back in my chair. "Your welcome Karin" she replied. "We gotta get going tho, I can drop you home or you can come with me to the game" I offered.

"I'll come with you" she said finishing the last of her water. I lifted our dishes and left them in the sink before going out to the car. "Got everything" I asked her. She nodded her head in return.
We started our 30 minute drive back to school.