Chapter 70

"What is your problem now?" I asked him, feeling a bit annoyed with his attitude.

"My problems are none of your business" he said, talking in general.

"None of my business? None of my freaking business? I got kidnapped by you.I got hurt by you! All of that happened because of you. So tell me now that its not my business" I said. He took a step forward. He was angry.

"I didn't even know then! I didn't even know you are my sister! My own bloody sister! Do you think its easy for me?! Do you think it is easy for me that my enemy is the husband of my own sister?! It wasnt my intention to hurt you! All I wanted was a revenge for what he did that ruined everything!" He yelled. I felt my body shake a bit. I took a step forward, not even realizing it. He took a step too and I wrapped my arms around his neck. I heard his cries and hugged him tighter.

"Yasmin.." he said and I started crying too. I felt so good, hugging my big brother. So weird to think about that he was also the one who pointed a gun to my head.

"Please, don't fight with Aneel anymore. Stop the gang stuff. Stop hurting other people. You have a child and someone who loves you so much that you are blind to. Humeyra loves you but if you keep on being like this, you will loose her and there won't be a way back. I don't say this to annoy you or something, you are my brother and I love you" I said, whispering the last part. I felt that he nodded. He released his grip and grabbed my hand. I knew that Aneel and Yassir would still fight but I was sure that they were not going to do very bad things to each other.

"I want you to meet someone" he said and we walked inside. When we went to the livingroom, I saw her. My mother. She smiled at me and I smiled back. 'Its time..' I heard the voice saying. I walked over to her and stood in front of her.

"Hi, mum" I said. Her eyes widened and she hugged me. I immediately felt the mother-warmth I never had felt before. I hugged her tight, being scared that she is going to leave me, that this is all fake..

"Look, this is your niece" I heard a voice. I released my hold on my mother and turned around to see Yassir with a baby. My eyes widened and I walked over tot hem.

"Is this.. is this your child?" I asked. He nodded and smiled at the baby.

"Her name is Mina" he said. I grabbed her from him and rocked her back and forth slowly.

"Hi Mina, I am your aunt. I am.. I am Yasmin" I said, feeling tears on my cheek. Someone put an arm around my waist and I closed my eyes. Aneel.. I turned around and stood close to him. Mina was between us and we just looked at the baby. She looked so peaceful, so carefree. I wish I was just like her. Not caring about the world. Just eating and sleeping, nothing more.

"What is the best moment of your life?" I asked Aneel. We were in the car on our way to home. It was late and we stayed a long time at my mother's. It went pretty good and Yassir and Aneel even exchanged a few words without insulting each other. I knew that Aneel was not going to forgive him easily but since Maryam turned out to be alive, he would in the end. He looked at me for a second before looking back at the road. I felt his hand on mine, intwining our fingers.

"The talk that we had, oh and your childish behaviour" he said, teasing me with the last sentence. I slapped his arm slightly.

"But seriously, it made me change completely, think differently. It was like we both made a promise that we both needed" he said and I looked out of the window, knowing that he was right.

"Yours?" he quickly changed the subject. I thought for a minute. Should I tell him?

"The moment I read Qur'an for you, just because you asked" I said quietly. He didn't respond. I placed our hands on my lap.

"Its my best memory because I saw the little hope that was still left. Aneel.. Why, why don't you believe anymore?" I asked him. He took his hand out of my lap and parked the car to the side. Then he just looked forward.

"The moment I lost Maryam.. I mean the moment I thought I lost Maryam, I lost my faith too. I was so close to Allah. I tried to be a good person who follows His religion, but He left me. He left me when I needed Him the most.." he said. I looked at him. He was just so tired, I could see it in his eyes. He was tired of the pain. But this wasn't the good way. He was thinking so, so wrong.

"Aneel look at me" I said. He looked at me and my heart ached the moment I saw his eyes. The expression in his eyes. It hurt me.

"Aneel, life is a test, an exam. When you make a test in school, you always have questions which are easy but there are always a few which are too difficult. These questions are so difficult that they can help you fail your test. That's where you have to open your eyes. Aneel, life is like that. Allah tests us continue. He gives us pain to ask Him for help. He gives us happiness because we deserve it. Each test in life has its prices. The most important thing is to never turn your back to Allah. If you remember Him, He will remember you. But if you turn your back to Him, He will do too and you will only get hurt. Aneel, just give it a chance.. Let me help you.." I said. I didn't know where that all came from. I didn't know I knew that all.. I looked at Aneel. His eyes were wide and his mouth open. His eyebrows were raised as if he was confused.

"Wow.." he said. We didn't say anything else and he started to drive us home. I didn't know if I did good or bad. The Aneel I knew would've flipped..

"Aneel, come on hurry up. Its cold" I said when I was waiting for Aneel to lock the door. He had the key to the house so I had to wait for him. When he came next to me we walked over to the front door. When Aneel stopped next to me I looked at where he was looking. When I saw her, I intwined my fingers with Aneel's without realizing. He looked over at it for a second and squeezed my hand. Couldn't this girl get the hint?

~~~~~
Final Editing Done (04-11-2016)