Chapter 34 Potluck

Guys, wth. Look up.

:Ellana:

I round the corner, sucking in a deep breath. It's happening. Really happening. It's all gone so fast. Why does life pass so fast? I don't know what I'm supposed to say. I don't know what to do. I've only been born into a pack. Never accepted into one. Speaking of that, will they accept me? I'm a random stranger that they've seen a few times on trips to the infirmary, or yelling at Jack.

I don't know if I can do this. I don't think I can.

A few heads come into view.

Jack is speaking to the crowd. Nobody has noticed me except the few at the front.

I freeze. I can't. There's no way.

I blocked Aubrey out a couple minutes ago, so she couldn't take control if this happened.

I don't know what to do.

I can't finish this. I have to leave. I can't do this.

"It's called stage fright."

I whip around, to be met with the sparkling orbs of Tyler.

He smirks. "Ever heard of it?"

I stare at him. What do I say?

"Hey," he holds my chin up. "Don't worry about it."

"Don't say that!" I hiss. "That is possibly the worst thing to ever say. How old is your boyfriend? Don't worry about is. What is in my drink? Don't worry about it."

He snickers. "My boyfriend is twenty-one."

"Wait, actually?"

"Well, yeah, how old did you- nevermind. We're getting off track. They're waiting for you up there."

"They?"

"Yeah, Shane and Jack. Jack is really just talking because you're taking so long. That's why I came to find you."

I frown. "I can't do this," I whisper.

"It's okay. I get the feeling."

"What have you ever-"

He raises a brow.

"Nevermind. Don't tell me. Ew, no."

"Listen, Ellie. There's nothing I can do in this situation except let you leave, or help you get enough courage to go over there."

"I don't want to go over there."

He sighs. "Then don't."

I play with my hands.

"Hesitation means uncertainty."

I nod. "I have to do this, don't I?"

He bites into-

"Where the fuck did you get an apple?"

He points to the tree right beside us. "Let's do this, okay? You got three smoking hot guys backing you up... Well... Two smoking hot guys and Jack backing you up, okay?"

"Okay."

"I'm going to be right behind you."

I nod, taking a deep breath. I make it my mission to take one step, then another. Then one again. I continue this. Until I'm almost there. I spin around. "I can't."

Tyler throws his apple away and catches my arm."Fuck, man. You're doing this. You can't back out on yourself. You'll regret it. I know from experience. Listen to me, okay."