Chapter 29 Chatting With Atticus

Hey, guys. I'm gonna be making new covers. So, if you could vote for me, that would be awesome. I would like you to vote because I'm awful at making decisions and I actually would like to see what looks most appealing to you guys. So, whatever has the most votes, I'll do it. If it's a tie, I will pick, or we'll take another vote. Thank you so much, again. I know this is probably getting annoying, so if you don't want to listen to me, skip the rest of this paragraph. I'm really grateful for the support from you guys. And the views, votes, and follows. It means a lot to me. If you have followed me, you would've seen that I follow you back. Anyway, we've reached 2.5k views recently, and we have 112 votes currently. This may change if I post this a couple days from when I wrote it. The first chapter has almost 300 views! Anyway, enough of me talking. Thank you, and, uh... have a nice life. :) 

:Ellana:

I jump over the last few steps, and tumble onto the ground.

A few pups stop playing to look at me. I snarl at them and continue to run.

Soon, I reach the pack house, and I barge in, taking a couple people by surprise.

I need to find Atticus.

I burst through the kitchen door.

A couple women stare at me.

He's not here. "Where's Atticus?" I say, out of breath.

One older lady rushes out her next words. "Third house on the left in the first row. Is something wrong, Luna?"

I ignore her and run. I keep running. And running.

My speed decreases when I reach where the lady directed me to.

His house is fairly small compared to the others. I inhale deeply and step to the door.

Then I knock. 

Three times.

I just noticed I'm holding my breath. Why? I dunno.

It's 'cause you're nervous, bitch.

The door creaks open before I can do anything.

Like run?

No!

"Um, Luna." A slightly elderly woman stands in the doorway.

"Yes?"

"You knocked?"

"Oh, right. Yes, um... Does, uh, Fred live here?"

"Fred?" Her brow furrows.

"Oh, sorry. Atticus. Does an Atticus live here?"

"Yes, Luna. He's my son. Why would-"

"Mom, who is it?" Atticus strides around the corner.

"Hi, um, I just wanted to speak with you... privately?"

Atticus nods and tells his mother he'll be back soon.

When we start down the road, he starts speaking. "So... What did you want to say?"

"Oh, I was wondering if you could help me."

"With what, Your Majesty?"

"Ew, um, no. Anyway, canyoupleasehelpmelearnanewlanguagesoIcanrubitinJack'sfacethatIcanspeakanotherlanguage?"

"Um, what?" He laughs.

"Listen. Jack knows a lot of languages, yes?"

"Right?"

"So, I'm asking if you can teach me a language he doesn't know."

Atticus stops. "So you want help."