Chapter 15 Close Call

:Ellana:

I storm outside. I'm done. I'm going to reject him.

He runs out after me. "You can't always be so mad!"

"What do you expect?! You took me away from my family! You don't even let me visit them!"

"You have to except this eventually! Stop... running! You're so... frustrating! Why the Moon Goddess paired us up, I don't know, okay?"

Aubrey whines and claws from inside, trying to get out to comfort him.

"I can't believe you. I treat you with respect."

I hold in my scoff.

"I'm kind, I give you space... We haven't had the ceremony, yet. I'm being patient. But, what you give me in return? You run away. Countless times. You can't leave me again. I won't allow it."

I can tell he's struggling to contain his wolf for me. But he's also trying not to cry. He's a wuss.

"Please, come back."

I shake my head.

He rolls his head back.. "Ellana. I don't want to do it. I don't want to do it again." He covers his face with his hands.

I shake my head.

He chokes back his tears. I know the next sentence is his wolf speaking. "Do you want to be chained in silver?!"

Oh, yes. Did I not include that part of my life? Oh, well.

I shake my head, convinced he won't lay a hand on me.

Jack walks over to me, jaw clenched. He closes his eyes and rests his head on my shoulder. 

Aubrey is getting restless.

"Please," Jack whispers.

I can almost feel the torture I'm putting him through. Almost.

I admit that I've run a lot. I almost feel bad. But every time he has caught me. So, no. I don't feel sorry for him. I want to leave and never come back. I want to see my family again. I want to see Annie again. I long for her so much.

His head still rests on my shoulder. 

I shrug him off and stomp towards the pack house. He's lucky we're mates.

"Ellana..!" He sounds frustrated and tired.

What are you doing?! Let me take over!

I shut Aubrey out. When I reach the pack house door, I swing it open, and stomp inside.

And what better thing to happen then to collide with a sturdy body. Like, honestly, part of me is happy this person is obviously strong, but part of me wishes it was a kid, because I seriously hurt my nose.

I groan and lift myself off the ground.

"I'm so sorry, Luna! I tried to catch you!"

"It's fine," I moan. I wipe the tear from my cheek. 

"Are you okay, Luna?"

I look up to see who I ran in to.

"Yes." It's Fred. "Oh, Fred, I'm sorry. Did I hurt you?"

"No, the soup just is hot. Did it splash on you?"

"No. I'm fine."

I stare back at a few people who found the time to watch us. A few people give me weird looks, but the crowd quickly dissipates. 

"Oh, my Goddess. Luna-"

"What?"

"Your nose."