♫~ Blasting Off Again ~♫

Arubi ran through another corridor that led him into a big, round hall

Arubi ran through another corridor that led him into a big, round hall. As he entered, his friend dashed from the opposing passage. Together, they stopped their stride in front of a huge terminal around a wide column.

It comprised several floors connected with a ladder. Red buttons lit the panels around the central pillar, ready to be smashed, and it would be really a let down if one wasn't the Doom Day's Device launcher. Along the center ran cables, smaller pipes, and tubes, reaching to the ceiling. Apart from it, the balls of dust all over the room formed independent countries and cults.

The leader of the bandits, Goro, stood at the top floor. Kairo rubbed under his nose with a confident smirk like some blue pincushion. "Give it up, Fatman!" he shouted.

"This isn't over yet!" the bandit yelled and dug his left leg into the railing, bending it. A mass of bodies sprinted out from behind the main pipe. "One hundred gold coins to anybody who brings me his hand." His minions, while brainless, looked confused. "I mean, head! Head!" he barked, purple in the face, showering the bandits below with his saliva drops.

Kairo placed his hand on his chest and sighed. What a scare. Broad guys aren't my type. As the flood of bandits ran at them, the boy asked his partner, "Is he pulling them from a magic hat?"

"What am I? Alec Azam?"

Kairo would argue, but a more important matter hit his brain. Blood rushed into his body as his fists balled. A bear bandit lifted an ax to slash the boy. Kairo's eyes sparkled, and wide-sweep with his umbrella tripped the enemy.

"My head!" he barked as he kicked the next attacker. "Isn't..." He sprung into the air and let the groups under him clash. "That..." He landed on a heap of painful cries, leaping higher. His wagasa swirled through the air, slamming the free space among the bandits, sending a shockwave that knocked most of the bandits. "Cheap!" The boy's hair fluttered.

"Ninja~!" Arubi and his trusted pair of carrots took care of a good bunch while providing the rabbit with a tasty snack. Most of his victims ended up in somersaults, but some didn't go with the flow and face-planted themselves.

While the duo busied themselves with beating their path through, Goro was yelping and jerking in place of his unconscious comrades. His big hands came in handy when he needed to cover his eyes to not witness painful downfalls. After this fight, he'd have to do the paperwork to write off many of his dumb— ehm, valuable employees.

Despite the vast number of enemies, the bounty hunters finished their daily routine within ten minutes. Kairo rubbed the sweat from his forehead while Arubi nibbled on the green tops of carrots.

"I sure hope he doesn't have more of them in his sleeves!" huffed the boy despite the ogre having no sleeves. Before his partner could answer, the jumping, jerking, yelping Goro fencing with his arms brought their attention. His face twisted, darkening his features, and many uncomprehending syllables escaped through his bared teeth.